EGGS eek.

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Here we go again...I eat 6 eggs almost every day. I am fit, healthy and strong. : )
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    y'all are wonderful. I especially love the shrimp suggestion. would that I could peel and eat non messy shrimp like it's easy to peel an egg... it's interesting no one mentioned protein powder shakey things isn't it?
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Egg white omelets are revolting. :sick: Throw a yolk or two in there for god's sake!

You might not think it's ridiculous but as someone who not only eats for fuel but pleasure, I want what calories I do consume in the day to taste the best they possibly can. With that in mind I only eat clean.

I think the taste and texture of yolks are revolting... lol. I would much rather have an egg white omelet and add avocado for fat than eat the grainy texture of yolks. *wretch* to each their own I suppose! (I do like runny yolks from fried eggs and I like whipping the yolk with mayo or greek yogurt/relish/mustard/etc for deviled eggs. I just don't like hardboiled yolks alone or in scrambled eggs. So I guess it works for me :-) YAY!!! lol

Agreed, unless they are runny or deviled I cant stand egg yolks. NASTY. not the fat, just the texture.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Egg white omelets are revolting. :sick: Throw a yolk or two in there for god's sake!

You might not think it's ridiculous but as someone who not only eats for fuel but pleasure, I want what calories I do consume in the day to taste the best they possibly can. With that in mind I only eat clean.

I think the taste and texture of yolks are revolting... lol. I would much rather have an egg white omelet and add avocado for fat than eat the grainy texture of yolks. *wretch* to each their own I suppose! (I do like runny yolks from fried eggs and I like whipping the yolk with mayo or greek yogurt/relish/mustard/etc for deviled eggs. I just don't like hardboiled yolks alone or in scrambled eggs. So I guess it works for me :-) YAY!!! lol

Agreed, unless they are runny or deviled I cant stand egg yolks. NASTY. not the fat, just the texture.
    YOU GUYS! I used to make a wicked deviled egg.. the secret was this jamaican relish that i can NOT find any more.... that and the caviar on top.. I LOVE EGG YOLKS.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Wish I could eat eggs. I'm allergic. :(
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371

VINDICATION! (I'm glad I'm not crazy... lol)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Here we go again...I eat 6 eggs almost every day. I am fit, healthy and strong. : )

I eat like 2 dozen eggs a week :D

...which now that I think about it, isn't quite as much as you eat daily.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    The yolk has the cholesterol. The whites are fine.
  • ksmyth555
    ksmyth555 Posts: 13 Member
    I eat 2 eggs every morning and have never felt better!

Me too! My husband and I have both had blood sugar problems for awhile but
    when we switched to eating eggs for breakfast we have had no problems.
  • lmao, I would eat eggs every damn day if I could. when I lived at my parents house on their farm, I had eggs every day. sometimes a couple times a day.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member

An egg is a whole food. The yolk is fine too, in fact, it's the best part. Please, let's help stop the cholesterol/fat myth. Please.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    As others have said, dietary cholesterol has almost no impact on blood cholesterol. I have two eggs every day. I buy them in bulk. Eat away!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member

So what? Your liver produces far more cholesterol than you can consume in a day...it's like adding a dollar to $1M...big deal. Dietary cholesterol has no bearing on blood level serum...except that in most cases, foods high in cholesterol like eggs have actually shown to slightly raise HDL cholesterol...which is a good thing. I HAD high cholesterol 6 months ago...I no longer have high LDL cholesterol and my HDL is on the rise and I eat 2 eggs per day.

Can we please get out of the 80s and 90s? Fat doesn't make you fat and dietary cholesterol doesn't make you have high cholesterol...hell, the USA is one of the very few countries that even tracks dietary cholesterol.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    non fat plain greek yoghurt, protein powder, tuna... chicken breast...turkey breast... hmm almonds, walnuts, nut butters (in moderate doses of course)...
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Most of the nutrition of an egg is in the yolk - eat the whole egg, and enjoy!

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I eat all the eggs. I'm still losing weight and my numbers are perfect.
    Also, carbs are good.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Eggs can raise your HDL levels and that is a good thing. A lot of omega fats in eggs as well. Eggs are an excellent food and should be a regular part of most peoples diets.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    I tremendously dislike the taste of egg yolks, so I usually just have the whites (yum!).

You really shouldn't worry about cholesterol, etc... BUT if you're worried about the amount of calories in a wholel egg (it's like 70!), just have a 2:1 ratio of egg white to yolk. That is: if you eat 2 eggs, make one a whole egg, and the other one just the white :)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    I have a minimum of three eggs a day.

And; as I have said before - I have asked my chickens to lay white-only eggs, but they just ignored me.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Send all egg yolks to me. I will take one for the team.

Homemade vanilla custard ice cream uses 8 egg yolks, and is worth every calorie and fat gram.

I like to have reduced sodium turkey breast at night for a snack if I need more protein. I also throw in a shake after my workout. It make it easy to get to 100g protein a day.