25 Things I've Learned In 25 Lbs of Weight Loss at 25

Options
25 Things I’ve Learned In 25 Lbs. Of Weight Loss At 25 Years Old

So yesterday, I FINALLY hit my 25 lb weight loss mark in my journey. When I first seriously embarked on this venture in January, I assumed the 25 lb mark would’ve been accompanied by confetti, glitter, and a balloon drop or something. Instead of feeling great though, I’ve actually been feeling kind of bummed about other outside factors in my life. This (in typical “me” fashion) has lead me to think about ALL of the other random things I could’ve, should’ve, and would’ve liked to have done in my life so far. SO, to try to help myself out of this funk, I decided to make a list of all the great things I’ve learned along my journey.

I hope this list serves me as a reminder of all the ways I have MENTALLY changed in this short time, and how much weight loss is truly a MENTAL change. I also hope it helps to inspire someone else today. If I can’t be feeling 100% myself, I might as well try to bring someone else up instead of sulk in my own “bla” feeling. Right? :)

So anyhow, here is my list of the 25 things I’ve learned in 25 lbs.

1) Where you are in life isn’t a measure of your full potential. It’s a measure of how you’ve played life’s cards SO FAR.

2) It’s never too late to play your hand a different way.

3) If you challenge YOURSELF every day, you’ll have more experience when LIFE challenges YOU.

4) Just like muscles need to be broken down to get stronger, sometimes we need to be broken down mentally and
emotionally to get stronger in their respective senses as well.

5) Sometimes the people that you thought were good in your life were actually the people stepping on your head.

6) Surrounding yourself with positive and uplifting people, thoughts, pictures, quotes, experiences, etc. is the way to
FEEL like you are living a positive and uplifting life. The same is true for the opposite.

7) HUGE personal successes start with a LOT of smaller efforts that build a solid foundation for that success.

8) When you don’t believe in yourself, other people don’t believe in you either. When you DO believe in yourself, people
get blown away by everything you accomplish.

9) Some of the same people that see you turn your life around for the better will try to bring you back down to their level
in order to feel good at the level they are STILL at.

10) When those people start to succeed in bringing you down, FIGHT HARDER! KEEP your goals, and know that you
STILL have MORE potential to unleash!

11) NEVER GIVE UP! When you give up, you are saying, “I’m not worth it.”

12) KNOW that you ARE worth it!

13) Life isn’t easy or fair. The people that fare the best are the ones that adapt in difficult situations. Teach yourself to
adapt! Get creative!

14) The same routine yields the same results. If you’re unhappy, CHANGE something.

15) You’re probably NOT going to win the lottery, become a celebrity, or find a rare valuable item at a resale shop and
find out on Antiques Roadshow. So quit hoping to be rich someday so you can have a personal trainer and chef, and
just get realistic :)

16) “When you were in high school, college, etc…” < Stop living in the past! Live in the present!

17) Stop making excuses! Admit you’re flawed like the rest of the world, and figure out a way to be the BEST version of
yourself.

18) The best version of YOURSELF? What is that? Figure it out. Experiment. Stop looking to others for easy answers to
YOUR complicated personal battles.

19) Be proud of yourself!

20) Taking pride, and being a self-absorbed tool bag are NOT the same. So relax, and talk about your accomplishments
a little. It’s OK! You might even inspire someone else!

21) Stop worrying about failure, and “what ifs.” Focus on what you WILL do instead. When you decide to do something,
you find a way to do it. When you worry about failing, you find a way to do IT too.

22) Taking care of YOU should be a PRIORITY. It doesn’t make you selfish. It means you have self-respect. Besides,
everyone knows you can’t be fully present for others when you’re not for yourself. Win-win.

23) Take out the trash. You’re not a dumpster, so get rid of the garbage in your life. (Whatever that garbage is- people,
food, habits…etc.)

24) Allow yourself to be human and have “bad days.” You’re not a superhero. Get over it.

25) When you DO have bad days, find a way to re-inspire yourself. Even if it’s just by making a list of things you’ve
learned in life and sharing it in on the internet :)

I decided to add a before and after too, since I have never done one until now :)

IMG_3140_zpsd4d4e90e.jpg

IMG_4099_zpscbd73710.jpg

Replies

• nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to read right now! Thank you so much! Lessons in the learning...
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, this is a great list :)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This was incredibly uplifting. I was shaking my head 'yes' the entire read. Blessings!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    thank you for this! It was right on time!!
  • LeanoraRose
    LeanoraRose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad I shared this. I think I needed it as much as everyone replying saying they needed it :) Happy Tuesday MFP friends!
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    I love this!! Thanks for sharing :smile: You look great!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat ? I've been on mpg for almost a year & have lost 2 lbs. I've eaten 2000, then 1800, then 1500, felt sick, took it to 1600, about to get desperate & go for 1200 !
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Great post! You look fabulous :)
  • icandoanything2012
    icandoanything2012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love this. One thing I've learned is that when you least want to workout or eat healthy is probably when you need it the most! Exercise is my therapy/ stress relief!!!
  • char418
    char418 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    DebbieDebby-
    Have you had your thyroid checked? That can cause weight loss issues even when you've cut back on calories. Google thyroid symptoms and see if you have any of them (don't need to have all of them - just some).
  • Jackie_Nickle
    Jackie_Nickle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Made me feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind responses everyone!

Debbiedebbiey I just use the mfp calulator. Depending on how much activity I have for a day, is what I base my calories off of. Make sure you count EVERYTHING you eat too. Fruits, veggies, drinks... sometimes people don't count those, but they DO count. Otherwise, if you're doing all of that already, I agree with char, maybe go ask your doctor to check you out, and look at your food diary.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I love this. You look great! Thanks for sharing and motivating! :)
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Love this. One thing I've learned is that when you least want to workout or eat healthy is probably when you need it the most! Exercise is my therapy/ stress relief!!!

So true for when I'm in a funk too! Nothing helps distract me more than not being able to catch my breath b/c my workout is so intense!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing that list. I am in a deep funk and can't seem to get out of it and your list is just what I need right now. I made a copy of it and will read it every day to help get me motivated. You look fabulous!!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Needed that this week :)
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Love your list!

You look fabulous!!!
  • kathyalbrecht79
    kathyalbrecht79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options