25 Things I've Learned In 25 Lbs of Weight Loss at 25

Options

Replies

• LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful (before and after)!! Thank you so much for this post. Those are all things that we need to hear, and that we need to remember. You have inspired me, as well as many others with these reminders! Remembering those things will make you beautiful on the INSIDE instead of just beauty on the OUTSIDE from losing weight. We could all stand to be better versions of ourselves sometimes!
  • LeanoraRose
    LeanoraRose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love this one:
    4) Just like muscles need to be broken down to get stronger, sometimes we need to be broken down mentally and
    emotionally to get stronger in their respective senses as well.

Congrats on your weight loss - you look amazing and so happy! Thanks for sharing your tips :)

^ That was one of my favorites too! When I thought of it I thought I felt like genius having an epiphany...haahaha
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Thanks a ton to everyone for all of the great feedback! I'm so happy that my funk turned out to be a positive thing! When I look back at my life, I tend to find that some of the best things were results of some of my lowests points! Funny how life works like that!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - I love it!!!
  • MalloryFreilich
    Options
    One of the rules I like to live by, celebrate every achievement. Even though they may seem small now, like you said in your list it's those little ones that help get to a major goal. I like to celebrate by throwing myself a solo dance party. I tend to not even care where it happens. If I'm in the grocery story and I am overcome with feeling sexy because of the weight I lost that week, I dance. I get stares but it always feels worth it.

Loved the post!
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    One of the rules I like to live by, celebrate every achievement. Even though they may seem small now, like you said in your list it's those little ones that help get to a major goal. I like to celebrate by throwing myself a solo dance party. I tend to not even care where it happens. If I'm in the grocery story and I am overcome with feeling sexy because of the weight I lost that week, I dance. I get stares but it always feels worth it.

Loved the post!

Nice! I love it, and totally agree with rewarding the small victories! If you bash your own small accomplishments, you're not doing yourself any favors! I even just reward myself with positive self talk sometimes, and that is a HUGE deal to me! It's made a BIG difference for my state of mind :)
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Aww man. And I was hoping when I lost 100lbs I'd be able to fly to California to star in a hit TV show.
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!

This is like something I would read on mindbodygreen.com - they take submissions - you should totally send this list to them and you might even get published as an article!
  • arley13
    arley13 Posts: 2
    Options
    This is so great!
  • arley13
    arley13 Posts: 2
    Options
    Can I add a link to this on my blog? http://yesimstillhungry.tumblr.com/page/5 Read my first entry and let me know if you are ok with it.
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    You're awesome!

This is like something I would read on mindbodygreen.com - they take submissions - you should totally send this list to them and you might even get published as an article!

Thanks! I will def look into that site!
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Can I add a link to this on my blog? http://yesimstillhungry.tumblr.com/page/5 Read my first entry and let me know if you are ok with it.

Absolutely! I am flattered!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So true!

And congrats on your achievements, both in terms of weight loss and learning something about yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    if I could do one of those things everyday I could change my life!

Thanks! :)
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Aww man. And I was hoping when I lost 100lbs I'd be able to fly to California to star in a hit TV show.

My comment about a glitter balloon ball drop was more of me trying to be whitty/funny than serious. (Assuming you're referring to that.) I didn't ACTUALLY expect that :) BUT a t.v. show would always be nice! As long as you don't have stage fright!
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    if I could do one of those things everyday I could change my life!

Thanks! :)

Not IF YOU COULD! YOU CAN! :) YOU CAN, YOU CAN, YOU CAN! :) You've got this!
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    So true!

And congrats on your achievements, both in terms of weight loss and learning something about yourself! :flowerforyou:

Thank you!!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you are an inspiration
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    You're awesome!

Thanks! I will def look into that site!

So I looked, and they won't publish anything if it's been posted anywhere else. (Even your own personal blog.) :( Oh well! Thanks for the idea though!