Things That Ruin Your Workout!!!

Options
spennato
spennato Posts: 360 Member
Just went to the gym put my headphones on and found out that someone(Prob 1 of my 2 kids) removed the earbuds from headphones. Name some unexpected stuff that ruins your workout
Another one for me is forgetting to wear a hat!!

Replies

• spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    phone calls!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Ebola!
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    The runs.
  • ashleyswann7
    Options
    A very chatty gym partner!
  • spennato
    Options
    Ebola!
    That will ruin more than your workout!!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Having to pee!
  • spennato
    Options
    A very chatty gym partner!
    I always tell people if you are coming to the gym with me bring your headphones, because I don't talk and run
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Trying to workout with other people. I just don't *get* the "workout buddy" thing.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Don't talk to me when I'm on the elliptical, but you can when I'm strength training. :smile:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Animals on the Bike Path always ruin my workout.
    They are so cute I have to stop and adore them.

Also..Loud Noises from the guy next to me Breathing Heavy..something like HUUUUHHH, HHHHMMMMMUUUUU..HHMMMMAAAAA
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    When I forget something like my head phones.. I can still get a decent work out.. just no cardio after lifting. Forgetting gloves doesn't really bother me. I hate when high schoolers swarm equipment and don't put things back.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Ipod dying!
    Or yknow forgetting X that you NEED for your workout clothes. I swear I am the Queen of forgetting shorts or grabbing something thinking it was my shorts.... >.<
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Side stitches.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I had my first gym/workout annoyance today! A dude hopped on a tread right next to me and proceeded to run using the bars to prop himself up. He ran for about 10 minutes then walked for about 6... running almost the WHOLE time using the side rails to hold himself up.

obnoxious.
  • spennato
    Options
    Animals on the Bike Path always ruin my workout.
    They are so cute I have to stop and adore them.

Also..Loud Noises from the guy next to me Breathing Heavy..something like HUUUUHHH, HHHHMMMMMUUUUU..HHMMMMAAAAA

Are we talking animals like deer and squirrels or Dogs and cats??
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Forgetting to charge my iPod. That's why I carry 3 mp3 players in my backpack. One is bound to be charged.
  • groovylittlerockstar
    groovylittlerockstar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When my husband comes to "exercise with me" and spends the whole time on the phone really loud! I can't hear my video man!
  • spennato
    Options
    When I forget something like my head phones.. I can still get a decent work out.. just no cardio after lifting. Forgetting gloves doesn't really bother me. I hate when high schoolers swarm equipment and don't put things back.

I can realate with the high schoolers, most of them are there as a social hour hogging all the machines
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Forgetting my ipod/music. Or showing up to a zumba/whatever class and finding out your instructor couldn't make it and got a sub who sucks
  • spennato
    Options
    Forgetting to charge my iPod. That's why I carry 3 mp3 players in my backpack. One is bound to be charged.

My gym has I phone chargers on the machine.......too bad I have an android!!