Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    No air in bike tires.
    Favorite clothing dirty.
    Forgetting music.
    Forgetting HRM.
    Forgetting specific item needed for activity (ie-bike riding gloves).
    Mother calling incessantly.
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Trying to workout with other people. I just don't *get* the "workout buddy" thing.

I couldn't agree more. My workouts are one of the very few times that I get ME time...I just want to unwind & let my random thoughts go where they want & listen to my music.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Sinus issues ruin my workout faster than anything else. Not being able to breathe properly puts a damper in everything.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    My cat deciding it's a good idea to walk around my feet while I'm in the middle of a Turbo Fire HIIT drill, like she did yesterday lol
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    When my phone rings while I use it to listen to my running app. Kills my ears every time.

I don't live in the best neighborhood so I run with pepper spray just in case. I often forget it and if I'm too far away to justify going back for it, I'm afraid for the rest of the run.
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My own head ....telling me it's okay to stop...you can't do this...maybe you can wait til tomorrow...you really shouldn't push yourself...hey you're 55 why do think you have to run a 1/2 marathon....you can skip a training run...no one will ever know. I can self sabotage the best work out.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    This thread has just reminded me that I forgot my mp3 player and I'm going to the local council gym for my run rather than risking my neck on icy pavements :grumble:
  • hamonk
    hamonk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When someone gets on the machine next to you and smells really bad. Tonight I had the pleasure of working out next to someone who smelled like an ashtray doused in bath&body works.

I had someone come in and hop on the elliptical right next to me with SO much perfume on I honestly started coughing and couldn;t breath! Really, not needed for the gym!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Pollution. Also when the person in control of the thermostat at the gym lacks insulation and is obviously iron deficient and therefore compelled to blast the heat or fail to turn on the AC. Thank goodness at least one person there is a fellow penguin judging by the days I go in and feel that sweet, sweet blast of dry and frigid air.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    People who take out their girlfriends on dates to the gym... if you're at the gym for any other reason than to train your heart and soul out, then GTFO
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    over the years I've found myself in several "dammit!" moments:

-forgetting my gym shoes at home (when going to gym at lunch time) :noway:

-forgetting my HRM or HRM watch.. that makes me sad :sad:

-forgetting my phone/headphones :mad:

-when smelly person gets on the treadmill next to me mid run. :ohwell:

-the machine I oh so desperately craved is taken and doesn't free up the whole time i'm there :frown:

-workout buddy backing out/being late/or trying to get out of workout early :explode: - I know this shouldn't stop ME, but sometimes i'm feeling vulnerable and NEED them for motivation, and when I get "hey, let's go eat pizza instead!" it makes being at the gym quit difficult hehehehe :laugh:

i think that's it :laugh:
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Having to pee in the middle of the workout :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
    People who douse in perfume before working out (da fa..???)
    People who walk away from squat rack/bench press for 10 minutes then demand they get back on it :grumble:
    Forgetting my headphones

yes!! i have a very sensitive sense of smell so the tiniest squirt of perfume get stuck in my nose, and when people drench themselves it in, i get nauseous!

and this lady TOTALLY did that to me the other day! she was on the rows machine, got off, walked to another machine across the gym, I waited a minute to see if she was coming back, she didn't so I hopped on.. she came back with her hands on her hips looking at me like that thing had HER name on it! grrrrr!!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Dog chasing me or making me have to alter my route while running.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My son climbing on my back and my pelvic floor :blushing: :embarassed:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    When there are tons of unused equipment and a person has to use the piece right next to me!!!
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When my earbuds won't stay in...

THIS! I have tried all different kinds and they don't stay in! I hate having to keep putting them back in while running
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Having to shorten my workout....due to other commitments....
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    FOX NEWS ON the t.v. in front of me while on elliptical :noway:

HOT MEN in plain sight sweaty, pumping iron :sad:

or in the pool, when I'm taking a few seconds between a set and someone stops to talk to me :noway:
  • bethanykf
    bethanykf Posts: 68
    Options
    My toddler - if I'm doing cardio he thinks I'm dancing and he wants to dance too which is fine - except he is totally underfoot. If I'm doing anything on the floor that is an invitation for him to climb on me and give me lots of hugs. He's adorable. :heart:
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    A stuffed up nose.