healthy choices gone WRONG!

Options

Replies

• ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Can you not use Lacto free cheese or is it more than just a lactose problem?

I count myself very lucky that I love all veg and a lot of things mentioned on here. I would like to eat more fish as a lean protein source but it makes my stomach turn as soon as I eat it.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh, and pea protein powder in anything other than savory food!
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I tried those "2 ingredient" pancakes with just egg and banana.....couldn't finish it no matter how much syrup tried to save it.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Raw kale. I don't really like uncooked vegetables. I don't want to get into the debate about which nutrients the body needs and about denaturing plant enzymes. Cooking veggies is the only way I'm going to get them into me..

Only way I eat raw kale is blitzed up in a smoothie with a lot of fruit. Otherwise it's way too bitter to enjoy. Kale baked into chips however, with a bit of olive oil and sea salt, is very very tasty!

Does the fruit completely mask the taste? Which fruit do you use?
    The chips do sound heavenly. Yum.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was on a mission to try new fruit and tried out Lychee fruit. OMG, like eating an eyeball.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Raw kale. I don't really like uncooked vegetables. I don't want to get into the debate about which nutrients the body needs and about denaturing plant enzymes. Cooking veggies is the only way I'm going to get them into me..

Only way I eat raw kale is blitzed up in a smoothie with a lot of fruit. Otherwise it's way too bitter to enjoy. Kale baked into chips however, with a bit of olive oil and sea salt, is very very tasty!

Does the fruit completely mask the taste? Which fruit do you use?
    The chips do sound heavenly. Yum.

Kale chips are easy to make. Get kale, wash, chop into manageable sized pieces, toss with small amount of olive oil and salt, spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet, put into a medium hot oven until they start to brown on the edges, usually around 10-15 minutes.

Does the fruit completely mask the taste? Hmm, probably not entirely. I just use standard bananas, pears and berries, plus often yogurt and sometimes protein powder. Makes it taste good enough for me.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    trial and error. Don't give up.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Uh, and bananas. I like the taste, don't love it, but it's okay. But I really hate the texture!

Finally someone understands! I have always hated banana's for that fact. They are just....wrong.

I kind of understand. I love bananas, but I can't stand to be around other people when they're eating them. Listening to people eat grosses me out anyway, but bananas are especially icky. I know not everyone eats loud, but some do.

Eggplant is my thing. I tried it once and it was so awful that we had to throw the whole dish out. I guess that's why they're called cooking experiments.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Quinoa have tried twice, ugh and this morning Cocounut milk, good grief, I through the entire container out.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Green Vibrance or any other powdered vegetable supplement.. they taste like freaking dirt

Chia seeds are like learning what swallowing a load must be like...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I was on a mission to try new fruit and tried out Lychee fruit. OMG, like eating an eyeball.
    What? Lychee is one of the yummiest things I've ever eaten haha.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Green Vibrance or any other powdered vegetable supplement.. they taste like freaking dirt

Chia seeds are like learning what swallowing a load must be like...

Chia seeds are way better. That is all.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I tried to swap out my creamer for unsweetened coconut milk and also tried drinking unsweetened coconut milk by itself. Just ... no. I'll use skim milk instead thanks.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I tried those "2 ingredient" pancakes with just egg and banana.....couldn't finish it no matter how much syrup tried to save it.

^^THIS x 1,000,000!!! Horrible horrible horrible!! I posted on MFP that whoever decided this was good owed me money for 2 bananas and 2 eggs!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I made cheese enchiladas with fat free cream cheese and low fat cheddar. Truly bad. Ugh. I'd rather have the real thing and eat less.

Try the recipie from Campbell's Soup. I use low fat sour cream and tex mex cheese and they are really good.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Garden of life raw meal. I added a sample packet to my smoothie and it was horrible horrible horrible! I can eat pretty much anything, especially if i believe it is good for me, but couldn't make it through this glass :( so disappointing! I might very well be crazy, though, because I intend to try it again; this time without any fancy dressings.
    And lychee... Never had the fruit, but the lychee vodka my club stocked was tasty :)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    TOFU

I've tried it in various forms and I can not eat it.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any "fat free" salad dressing just isn't worth it. I'll go "reduced" but that's all!
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    pasta alternatives are generally disgusting.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I tried the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse and I didn't make it through day one. It was horrible!! Plus, I spent a lot of money to buy all the ingredients.

Oh god this. I forced myself to endure the first day, pretty much starving half the day because I just couldn't do that green shake beyond a couple of sips (somehow hubby was able to force it down). By lunch the second day, looking at that green shake again... I was done with the whole thing and ordering a pizza.

I was fortunately able to use most of the groceries we'd boughten for it for something else. It was definitely an expensive experiment.