Breakfast ideas needed

Options

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    During the work week I have a fruit and yogurt smoothie and mix it up by adding different fruits. On the weekends I have eggs usually... But I pretty much have the same thing every day.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i will also jump on the eggs bandwagon :wink:

most weekday mornings i have one of the foll:
    - scrambled eggs or egg whites with toast
    - oatmeal with one or two hard boiled eggs
    - spinach and mushroom omelette
    - granola and greek or natural yogurt
    - alpen cereal with almond milk

I prefer having one of the egg options though as it's far less calories than the cereals plus it keeps me fuller for longer.
  • RangerJess
    Options
    I've been loving my Banana Peanut Butter Smoothies for breakfast:

1 Banana
    1 Tbs Peanut Butter
    1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
    4-6 ice cubes.

Blend away. Drink!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    breakfast doesn't have to be limited to breakfast foods.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Another vote for eggs, any which way. I normally have boiled or poached at home, but when travelling whatever I can get, I sometimes have an egg with a sausage or bacon rasher which still keeps calories reasonable. I tend to vary this with fruit, and in that case I have a heavier lunch.
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    I bought a 10lb box of Oatmeal from Costco recently and I'm working my way through that for breakfast. I posted some recipes on my facebook page. I love pre boiled eggs also if I am in a rush to get to work...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baking-Mad-Gym-Addict/418282054910684?ref=hl#!/media/set/?set=a.466078200131069.1073741833.418282054910684&type=3
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of tuna for breakfast, what a great idea, thanks!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have goodness superfood's Protein 1st muesli:

http://goodnesssuperfoods.com.au/protein-1st/

Its a high protein low carb breakfast and I have it with half cup of low fat milk or no-fat yoghurt.
    It doesn't have the best flavour but its better for you than a protein shake or eating eggs.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cooked with egg whites and topped with raspberries/blueberries or protein pancakes :smile:
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bacon pancakes!!

But for reals:
    - Vita Wheats
    - Porrage with fruit
    - Fench toast and mushrooms.

I usually bounce back and fourth between these three.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Emerald Breakfast on the go , Fruit is my daily .
    I have mad my own breakfast burritos and frozen them, which is a good idea but just remember to defrost the night before. Otherwise they get soggy.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I make these and change out the veggies every week for some variety.

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, with apple and raisin's and peanut butter toast.
    or
    oatmeal with blueberries and blackberries
    or
    oatmeal with strawberries and apple
    or
    oatmeal and peaches and walnuts

and cinnamon in all or them

except on Saturday...that is waffle day :)
  • Deelishous
    Deelishous Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i DO NOT like eggs...i do not like the smell of them and i do not like the the taste of them no matter how you cook them. i will not eat them....i do not like them sam-i-am!!! lol so i eat oatmeal or cereal every day. i'm not really tired of it but i'd also like better ideas. also, i usually eat greek yogurt or fruit as a snack. what else could i do???
  • Deelishous
    Deelishous Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, with apple and raisin's and peanut butter toast.
    or
    oatmeal with blueberries and blackberries
    or
    oatmeal with strawberries and apple
    or
    oatmeal and peaches and walnuts

and cinnamon in all or them

except on Saturday...that is waffle day :)

rofl! i love this!! and yes my saturdays are also waffle days!! i love oatmeal and this is an awesome way to switch it up!! thank you!!!
  • darlingyellow
    darlingyellow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i make my own mcmuffins. 2 egg whites, slice of cheese, low cal english muffin, and usually a meat like sliced ham.

OH! I do this too, it's really filling to have all the food groups in one bite, I add bell pepper and onion to it as well. I also have a fruit yogurt or a peice of fruit on the side. DELISH.
  • shaylyn_osullivan
    Options
    Try eating oatmeal with a little almond milk and some bananas. I have that almost every morning and it sustains me until lunch time.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    *Anything you'd eat for any other meal (pizza for breakfast? The healthy kind, hopefully)
    *Yogurt, granola, fruits, and nuts for protein/fat
    *Whole wheat pb&j sandwich
    * High fiber cereal with fruits and nuts added
    *Protein pancakes (sub part of the flour for protein powder - it keeps you full longer)
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Oats with peanut butter mixed in.
  • jrobinson143
    jrobinson143 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make egg white oatmeal, before you turn your nose up its a great filling breakfast!! I make a batch on sunday that will last the whole week. I use oldfashioned oats on the stove top. I'll add fruit like strawberries, bananas, etc.. (frozen is fine). Then when its done, take off the stove top and mix in egg whites (1 cup or more for a big batch for the week). It when make it fluffy and add lean protein. You don't want to add the eggwhites while on the heat because you will just get clumps of eggs, ekkk!