Breakfast ideas needed

Options

Replies

• Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I found myself getting bored with the same 'ol, same ol', every day so this morning I had a cup of rolled oats, a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 3 teaspoons of light brown sugar. When I got to work I just used the hot water from the water cooler and left the lid on the bowl whille I put my belongings away and TA DA!!! Delicious!!
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've been on a turkey bacon with whole grain toast kick for awhile. I usually do 4 pieces of turkey bacon (they run 25-35 calories each depending on the brand). I've been eating the Jennie O brand but I don't like it as much as the Kroger brand.
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I bought a 10lb box of Oatmeal from Costco recently and I'm working my way through that for breakfast. I posted some recipes on my facebook page. I love pre boiled eggs also if I am in a rush to get to work...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baking-Mad-Gym-Addict/418282054910684?ref=hl#!/media/set/?set=a.466078200131069.1073741833.418282054910684&type=3

can you share the recipe for the almond cranberry chewy? That looks great!
  • mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have goodness superfood's Protein 1st muesli:

http://goodnesssuperfoods.com.au/protein-1st/

Its a high protein low carb breakfast and I have it with half cup of low fat milk or no-fat yoghurt.
    It doesn't have the best flavour but its better for you than a protein shake or eating eggs.
    kind regards,

Ben

Do you know if they ship to the UK?
    As for the rest of you I get up at 4am, out to work by 5am and still don't have time for breakfast :(
  • knitwit704
    knitwit704 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon this, I needed a little help too. These are great ideas!
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Protein shake
    Coffee
    Bacon and/or sausage
    Eggs
  • motoole19
    motoole19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree that breakfast doesn't have to mean the normal breakfast foods. I like scrambled egg whites w/veggies, but I also eat grilled chicken w/fruit for breakfast at times. I love Bagel Thins too so I can make various forms of a breakfast sandwich.
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i hate having the same for breakfast every morning. Sometimes Ill have leftovers (whatever I can find in the fridge), peanut butter sandwich, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, grits, fridge or regular oatmeal, fruit, omelet, scrambled eggs, etc

But I always have my cup of coffee!
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit :smile:
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like: raisin bread toast
    eggs with cheese
    turkey sausage
    cranberry orange muffins (homemade)
    small banana
    steel cut oats with walnuts and cranberries

Not all on the same day, obviously :)

I never, ever eat cereal for breakfast. I always try to have protein at breakfast.
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I struggle with breakfast too. I'm still working on being a breakfast eater. Had two scrambled eggs with about half a cup of black beans and shredded mozzarella cheese. Was so good! Would have been good with diced tomatoes, onions, sweet peppers or jalapenos too...or a piece of toast. I also have oatmeal and sometimes leftover dinner for breakfast...my fave is protein smoothies with vanilla whey protein, 1 cup mixed frozen fruit and 1 cup almond milk..delicious, filling and about 250cals.
  • nim3000
    nim3000 Posts: 1
    Options
    Small pot of Yeo Valley natural yogurt with 2 teaspoons of honey with some granola. I have been having Quaker oats one with raisins. Fills you up and is only about 350 calories!
  • ckp0818
    ckp0818 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this one is a good one when you are craving a donut!
    Raspberry Dessert Oatmeal
    Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal - Oatmeal, Prepared With Water, 1/2 cup dry (makes about one cup prepared) after it is cooked I stir in 1/4 cup fresh raspberries with a few slivers of good dark chocolate (I use 1 square)
    = 208 calories, 36 carbs, 6g fat, 5g protein
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I make an spinach, mushroom and egg beater omelet and put a little bit of salsa on top and two boca breakfast sausages...and a cup of coffee. Total calories just around 200 calories, it's satisfying and doesn't take terribly long to make.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    Today I had

Butterball 2 oz Turkey burger patty (85/15)
    1 large egg soft fried
    Winn Dixie Sharp Cheddar Slice
    tsp Yellow Mustard
    on Hamburger Bun
    Dannon Light and Fit Pineapple Coconut Yogurt

soooooooooooooooo good! came to 495 calories, 30g protein and took less then 10 minutes to prep/cook.

I try to eat the most in the morning because I eat right after I finish my work out.
  • FitWithTiff
    Options
    Shakeology! :))
    1 scoop of chocolate shakeO
    2 tablespoons of PB2
    5 Ice cubes
    1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
    a little bit of water to help blend

Great way to start a morning!!
  • marwindavies
    Options
    Look up biggest loser breakfast burrito .....they are excellent and keep you full all morning. I usually make the recipe and freeze the 8 servings then just microwave in the morning and throw it into a tortilla with a bit of salsa. It's excellent and great source of protein! Here is a link http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/healthy-eating/breakfast-burrito-and-beyond/. Good luck! Another simple thing I do is using a whole wheat tortilla I spread on a tbsp of peanut butter and roll up one banana. Tasty and sweet and filling!
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I really love to saute' veggies, such as mushrooms, zucchini, red peppers together or even just spinach and then I add All Whites to the first veggie mix I descrived for some protein. If I saute' spinach I poach an egg so it's still a little soft and runny and put it over the spinach and spice it.
    Smoothies are great too.........I start out with Almond Milk and usually add a banana and then whatever else I have to throw in and also decide on what depending on how many calories and carbs I want to start my day with.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is great as you can add a variety of toppings to give it a different flavor every day.

I have also been baking muffins on Sundays. A double batch of muffins lasts my family and I the work week.

When I bake I control the ingredients. So, much less sugar! And, for sugar I use maple syrup or honey. In addition I switch out some of the oil with unsweetened applesauce along with using multigran flours. Some of my experiments have not workout so well but in general we have tasty home made muffins that are low in sugar and healthy.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat breakfast. I eat twice a day. If I eat before
    Noon, I'll log it under breakfast. After Noon it becomes
    lunch. My next big meal come right before I go to sleep.
    Today for lunch I had corned beef and cabbage. (usually leftovers)
    Once in a while I'll have a glass of Low Sodium V8 and call
    that breakfast.

I'll have a snack during the day, such as 4 Triscuits Hint
    of Salt, and a slice of Swiss, an avocado, some cut up
    veggies with some blue cheese, etc.

Basically I only eat if I'm hungry. :tongue: