gained 4 pounds one day SERIOUSLY?

Options
yup weighed in this am first thing in the morning necked, and up 4 pounds from yesterday, the first day \I ate back my exercise calories, coincidence???

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    yup weighed in this am first thing in the morning necked, and up 4 pounds from yesterday, the first day \I ate back my exercise calories, coincidence???

So you ate something yesterday and drank some fluids? Hmmmmmmmmm
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No, it takes two days to show up when you overeat.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    1lb = 3500 calories.

You do the math. Doesn't sound too feasible now, does it?
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is why you only weigh in once a week.

Its most likely water weight.
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    I don't overeat though, I just don't get it. I wish I could stop the number obsession, but as someone who grew up obese teenager and young adult its hard not too.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well, I can gain 7 in a day just from eating Tostitos. It's water retention, chill. :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I don't overeat though, I just don't get it. I wish I could stop the number obsession, but as someone who grew up obese teenager and young adult its hard not too.

Food and liquids aren't weightless...
  • 1995melissa
    Options
    Well, weight fluctuates during the day so maybe try weighing yourself later to see if it changes?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    sodium and water weight. Unless you ate like 5 large pizzas
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You weigh every day? SERIOUSLY?!

You can fluctuate by 5lbs easily day to day so you're only hurting yourself if you weigh every day!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You're screwed.
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    would like to eat a couple slices of pizza but no not five large, tx. BTW do men fluctuate as much as women
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well if the scale said it, it seriously happened.

Chances are it is water weight or you haven't taken a giant *kitten* yet.

don't weigh yourself everyday and you wont see the fluctuations that are 100% normal and happen everyday. Or weigh yourself everyday and get used to seeing the scale go up and down depending on the time of the month, where the moon is located and the gravitational pull it may or may not have on the earth at the time, or if you have gone to the bathroom, or if you worked out or if you ate excess sodium or if you didn't drink enough water or the list goes on and on and on.
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    why am I screwed?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Go take a dump.
  • 1995melissa
    Options
    Don't worry too much with it, especially if you did everything well and didn't overeat :) just weigh yourself later and not everyday if you don't like seeing fluctuations, that would help you.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    According to your diary yesterday your net cals were only 912. You may have eaten some of your exercise cals back, but you didn't eat all of them.

I'm a daily weigher - it's just a habit and the numbers don't bother me. I can easily be up 3lbs one day, down 2 the next, up 1, down 3 - it's normal. Water weight, exercise, hormones, sodium - so many things can influence it.

Eat well, exercise, get good rest, repeat. Take measurements, weight once a week if the daily numbers get to you. Track measurements and weight over a period of time to gauge your progress.
  • TinaLRoman
    TinaLRoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Think it has more to do with what you ate more than the fact that you ate back your exercise calories. Water weight can fluctuate a lot during the day and even day to day. If you're going to weigh everyday then be more concerned with the trends over time instead of the day to day. The day to day changes will drive you crazy if you let them.
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    ty amy I am glad I am not only daily weigher, its just habit I get up pee, step on scale. and ty for tips
  • chrismpalmer
    Options
    why am I screwed?

Out of all the responses, you keyed in on that? It's either sarcasm or he's trolling.

4 pounds is perfectly normal. i have the same thing happen to me every couple weeks. Likely water weight caused by sodium intake. Keep doing what you're doing.