gained 4 pounds one day SERIOUSLY?

Options

Replies

• NaCL_H20
    NaCL_H20 Posts: 24
    Options
    STAY CALM! It's just your body holding onto the goodness to make sure it gets distributed evenly. You don't gain fat overnight just like you don't lose fat overnight. Just like If eat clean (all chicken and veggies) for a few days, then I decide to eat at subway, the bread has me retaining a little water making me gain what I like to call "false fat" weight that will come right back off. Throw your scale away because if you weigh yourself everyday your going to freak yourself out and sabotage your progress because your not going to understand what all the fluctuation is about. The true progress will come in measurments. Make sure your measured yourself in all your areas and THAT will tell you if your making progress. Too many people get scared when they see the extra 2 lbs because they had that slice of pizza and weigh themselves the next morning, then they work out and weigh themselves see the loss and feel good again, then they work out a lot weigh themselves and don't understand why they haven't lost weight, thats because they are gaining muscle so the weight that was burned off was replaced by the weight of the new muscles causing the scale to show no results. But if you tape now, then tape yourself when the weight loss plataeus you should remeasure and will then see a difference in your measurments and will more than likely be fitting into your clothes easier.
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    yea sorry just not use to people being mean here, ty for the confirmation this happens to all of us. I will lose the scale and only weigh at gym once a week.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    why am I screwed?

Out of all the responses, you keyed in on that? It's either sarcasm or he's trolling.

4 pounds is perfectly normal. i have the same thing happen to me every couple weeks. Likely water weight caused by sodium intake. Keep doing what you're doing.

Sarcasm.

OP your weight can fluctuate immensely throughout the day. I've been known to fluctuate up to 8 or 9 pounds from one day to the next. Food you eat, muscle glycogen, and water retention all are factors.

I'd really recommend you start weighing yourself once a week (at the same time and on the same scale) or better yet start taking measurements.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    measure!go by inches. the scale is not reliable you can't gain weight overeating 1 day. it took me 2 1/2 years to get up to 250 pounds. another two and half to drop down to 176 pounds. go by how your clothes feel on you. I would weigh before you eat each morning. that you way you will have an empty stomach. things like time of month, sodium intake etc can make the scale go up.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Public Service Announcement

Can I just say this is the first thread ever that someone went up in a weight and not a single person said it was probably Muscle gain... I love all of you ... That is all thank you.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh everyday..its just what I like to do. But your weight does go up and down to much to get bummed!! Aunt Flow is here and I gained almost 3 lbs in one day! but Im not bummed its just water weight. Make sure you take measurements monthly..you will be amazed! and if the scale bothers you that much it would be best if you do weight once a week or every two weeks. Keep your head up!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Try pooping and drinking some water. Food in your intestines has mass and exercise causes water retention to aid muscle repair.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Go take a dump.

This ^^^^. You'd be surprised.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    yup weighed in this am first thing in the morning necked, and up 4 pounds from yesterday, the first day \I ate back my exercise calories, coincidence???

Not all weight is fat. How many extra calories did you eat?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I weighed 7 lbs more on Monday than I did on Sunday. Why? Because I ate a boat load of pizza. Did I eat 24,000 calories in pizza? No, more like 4k. It takes 3,500 calories to add a pound of anything other than water/waste. Why you ask?

Because science.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The only thing that makes me gain "weight" is sugary cheat days like eating cake, pie, and ice cream, but only half of that is probably fat... I could eat 7,000 calories of ice cream... and +4 lbs might be what the scale says with bloating.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    If you drank a lot of water, and consumed a lot of sodium, odds are likely that it is just water weight. This is especially true if you had a hard workout. Just give it a couple of days, keep drinking water, watch your sodium, then weigh again. I've also seen my weight go down as much as .8 pounds just by using the bathroom. You'd be really surprised.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    This is why you only weigh in once a week.

Its most likely water weight.

this. simplest explanation. i sometimes have cheat days high in sodium and carbs and fats and bla bla bla. my weight goes up by 2kios for 2 days and then back down again. no gains, and im simply back to maintaining. its all water weight. no need to worry.

look up how to get rid of retained water online and also incorporate a lot of fibre into your diet. this will keep the scales fairly consistent.
  • lisabundy5
    Options
    I weigh everyday also but NEVER let it get me down. We have good and bad days, it happens. And being a woman, we have like 14 good days a month so remember that it's JUST a number. The end product is what we are striving for. The inbetween is what it is. I've ran a 5k, did an hour worth of aerobics in a day, ate clean and gained the next day. It's ok, it's JUST a number. REALLY!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome if everyday you ate your exercise calories back, and did this for 6 months or so.

180 days @ 4 lbs a day, you'd be pushing up near the half ton mark and would need a crane to move around.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    yup weighed in this am first thing in the morning necked, and up 4 pounds from yesterday, the first day \I ate back my exercise calories, coincidence???

Go drop a deuce. forrealz
  • Samantha9000
    Samantha9000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    why am I screwed?

Out of all the responses, you keyed in on that? It's either sarcasm or he's trolling.

4 pounds is perfectly normal. i have the same thing happen to me every couple weeks. Likely water weight caused by sodium intake. Keep doing what you're doing.

Sarcasm.

OP your weight can fluctuate immensely throughout the day. I've been known to fluctuate up to 8 or 9 pounds from one day to the next. Food you eat, muscle glycogen, and water retention all are factors.

I'd really recommend you start weighing yourself once a week (at the same time and on the same scale) or better yet start taking measurements.

Why couldnt you just say that the first time? No need for a crappy attitude.
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    love how everyone thinks you can just "go take a dump" any ol time you want.............
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I once lost 5 pounds in a 30 minute time span going pee and taking a hot bath.

WATER WEIGHT.