Best workout dvd's for extremely overweight.....suggestions?

Options
13»

Replies

• kjhall01
    kjhall01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have 170 or so pounds to lose and I use the Zumba DVDs. Most of the moves I can do, if there is something I can't quite do I just make up a modified version up on my own. They are really fun and I can definitely tell I have built up a lot more endurance using them. I also have tried Shaun T's Rockin' Body. Those are pretty good also. His video actually has someone doing modified versions of every move if you need it.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hands Down Biggest Loser Cardio Max. Also Zumba on the wii.
  • ChristyEck
    Options
    I used Supreme 90 day for the last 2 years, at first its a little tough but it gets easier if you keep to it. Best part was 10 dvds for $20-30 vs the cost of P90X... also most of the workouts are around 30 mins:smile:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba class and added the Wii zumba and my weight loss has speeded up even though I'm still eating back my exercise calories. Result! And its fun.:happy:
  • woo2913
    woo2913 Posts: 2
    Options
    Obegone Fitness has produced an exercise DVD specifically for someone who has limited mobility from being overweight - check it out: http://obegonefitness.com/blog/Exercise-Tips-For-A-Larger-Body-Type.html It has 30 minute routines in a bed, in a chair and standing next to a chair to provide joint friendly effective routines.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Retro, but Richard Simmons has lots of options even for folks with a lot to lose.

I was going to suggest Richard too. He has some great DVDs, some are low impact. I used his videos when I was just starting out, trying to get fit. Jillian Michaels, IMHO, is a bit advanced, even her "easy" stuff is way too difficult for a beginner.