How Important Is Your Music to You Workouts?

Options
I realized I was getting bored with my workouts and runs and couldn't pin-point why. Until it hit me...it was my music! I was tired of hearing the same songs come up on my Ipod and realized that my music is an important component to staying motivated in working out. That being said, I bought and loaded new music onto my Ipod and found myself looking forward to working out and running again.

So...if you find yourself losing motivation, perhaps you should consider changing up your music. ;-)

Was just curious if anyone else feels the same about their workouts and music?

Replies

• RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree 110%. I am the same way, I notice that when I get bored with the music my workout seems horrible. I have to change it up often. :happy:
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Absolutely the same!

No music, no workouts will happen.

Old music, boring workouts will happen.

New music, great workouts will happen. :)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I can lift without the music, but cannot run without it.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    100%. My gym plays Terrible lifting music. If I forget my own it is just Hell :)
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can lift without the music, but cannot run without it.

Agree. Critical on treadmill. BORING Lol
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I truly believe you have to have the right music in order to get a good workout in.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I realized I was getting bored with my workouts and runs and couldn't pin-point why. Until it hit me...it was my music! I was tired of hearing the same songs come up on my Ipod and realized that my music is an important component to staying motivated in working out. That being said, I bought and loaded new music onto my Ipod and found myself looking forward to working out and running again.

So...if you find yourself losing motivation, perhaps you should consider changing up your music. ;-)

Was just curious if anyone else feels the same about their workouts and music?

Completely Agree!!! Sometimes I go with no music at all cause I get bored of the same stuff. I can have a good lifting workout or outside cardio without any music at all. but cardio in the gym I have to have some good tunes going or I get bored out of my mind.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my runs a lot more when I have music. If I forget to charge my ipod, I really miss it.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I can train without music, but I find I am not as motivated and my workouts are not as intense. Good music makes all the difference.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It depends on the time I go for a run. If it's in the early morning, heavy music is too much. The peaceful sounds of birds all around is just great. But other times or on the treadmill, I need a good beat!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am the same. I am really tired of my music. I am on the treadmill for an hour and having to listen to the same playlist gets boring. Today is my day off so I am going to make a new one for tomorrow!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    on days I'm not with my trainer, VERY. The angrier the music the harder I work.
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    If I don't have my early 90s Richard Simmons workout music.... well then there isn't a point.
  • Skernan1644
    Options
    I agree 100% with this:

No music, no workouts will happen.

Old music, boring workouts will happen.

New music, great workouts will happen. :)
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No music... no workout.
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to music when I work out. I either to an exercise video or if I'm on the elliptical I read a book. My husband calls me a nerd. lol
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I have literally walked out of the gym if I get there and forgot my earbuds. Yes, that is somewhat extreme, but I can't lift without music.
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing a cardio machine, I simply can't get in the zone without music.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Music is pretty much the only way I get through my workouts. I'm not up for casually popping into the gym like some of my friends do. If I go I go to work hard and there's no way I could if I didn't have any music.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    it is absolutely critical! Which reminds me, I need to download some new tunes....