Options
124»

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    What do your workouts even consist of?

I've scaled back over the last month.

- 1 day a week cardio which consists of about 6 50 yard sprints after the same amount of light warmup jogging. I'm not doing prolonged cardio. I love sprinting because it builds muscle and increases cardio endurance in a much shorter amount of time.

- 1 day a week of chest/back

- 1 day a week of shoulders/arms

- 1 day a week yoga

and then whatever i want the other days. I still tend to work out about 6 days of the week, but it's less strict. not like what i was doing last fall where I was lifting heavy 6 days a week.
  • ajkolb
    ajkolb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You need to hire a trainer who specializes in training, and nutrition. No one here should recommend anything, as we do NOT know your stats. Therefore, you need to get the specialized macros for you. I use Jerry Ward from www.bios3training.com.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Panuts and beer
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    If you're up for adding more fats to your diet, I'd go with more oils.... Olive oil, coconut oil (not the refined crap), etc. Cook everything in it. Veggies, ground turkey/chicken.... That's an easy way to up the calories without physically having to stuff yourself with food.

A good way to up your calories with oils while still eating clean is to chop up tons of different veggies and toss them in a good amount of olive oil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Roast em up in the oven and chow down. You could probably include a couple chicken breasts or turkey breasts with this to get the protein in. Shrimp is also really good tossed in coconut oil and roasted in the oven or done in a frying pan
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

- 1 day a week cardio which consists of about 6 50 yard sprints after the same amount of light warmup jogging. I'm not doing prolonged cardio. I love sprinting because it builds muscle and increases cardio endurance in a much shorter amount of time.

- 1 day a week yoga

and then whatever i want the other days. I still tend to work out about 6 days of the week, but it's less strict. not like what i was doing last fall where I was lifting heavy 6 days a week.

And on that day, not a single leg was trained.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

- 1 day a week yoga

And on that day, not a single leg was trained.

didst thou not see sprinting? that **** is muscle building. i'm sore for days afterwards. but yes, there are no squats and lunges in my routine ATM

that said, I also live in NYC and walk/climb stairs all day every day
  • rmikle
    rmikle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    check out my log. Im on a clean bulk at the moment
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

If Reddy actually ends up eating 27 ounces of ground beef and a pair of pop tarts every day, I'd embrace him like a brother.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    didst thou not see sprinting? that **** is muscle building. i'm sore for days afterwards. but yes, there are no squats and lunges in my routine ATM

I work by the battery, not driving and doing some sprints isn't a valid reason to forgo squats and lunges That's like giving up chest and back work because you box.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

If Reddy actually ends up eating 27 ounces of ground beef and a pair of pop tarts every day, I'd embrace him like a brother.

it's a distinct possibility. :laugh:
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I work by the battery, not driving and doing some sprints isn't a valid reason to forgo squats and lunges That's like giving up chest and back work because you box.

haha someone needs to post that "friends don't let friends skip leg day" meme

you're right though.
  • rmikle
    rmikle Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I don't know what that means, that's why I asked So do you wash your foods to get rid of germs and muck? Are there dirty foods? I'm sorry, I have never heard that foods were described this way. Is whey a dirty food because it is processed, how about beef since it is not as lean as turkey does that make it filthy? I suppose bread is dirt as well:( If so does that make my diet unclean? I must be doing something wrong.

oh.... you're so cute. Unhelpful but cute.

Why thank, but I am being realistic. Too many people get confused by the terms clean and dirty. What is clean to some might not be clean to others.
    oh thank you wise one... why didn't i consider using quotes around the word clean for that very purpose...

wait... a... minute...

May I ask what is with the underlying sarcastic insults? Are too insecure to provide a counterargument? Did I just destroy your "clean" paradigm?

wait... a... minute...

Why are you raging on someone when it doesnt even look like you lift? do you even lift?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I don't know what that means, that's why I asked So do you wash your foods to get rid of germs and muck? Are there dirty foods? I'm sorry, I have never heard that foods were described this way. Is whey a dirty food because it is processed, how about beef since it is not as lean as turkey does that make it filthy? I suppose bread is dirt as well:( If so does that make my diet unclean? I must be doing something wrong.

oh.... you're so cute. Unhelpful but cute.

Why thank, but I am being realistic. Too many people get confused by the terms clean and dirty. What is clean to some might not be clean to others.
    oh thank you wise one... why didn't i consider using quotes around the word clean for that very purpose...

wait... a... minute...

May I ask what is with the underlying sarcastic insults? Are too insecure to provide a counterargument? Did I just destroy your "clean" paradigm?

wait... a... minute...

Why are you raging on someone when it doesnt even look like you lift? do you even lift?

30057267.jpg
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Do you lift?