Squats Make You Fat

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    "I'm trying to gain muscle so I'm using lighter weight and doing more reps." - a guy on my old co-ed softball team and his dad who argued with me until the ends of the Earth about it.

Well, it depends upon the context of the argument. If by "lighter weight and doing more reps" he means 20-25 reps vs. 8-10 reps, then no. If, he's talking about 8-10 reps vs. 3-5 reps, then yes. Of course, depending upon diet, it may make no real difference.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't drink milk because it has too much sugar

Real men drink almond milk. Pinky out.

Just show me where an almond's teats are and I'll get right on it!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    This thread is hysterical. :laugh:
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Running WILL make your uterus fall out, so don't do it until you are done having kids!

My MIL is an RN and she told me that it makes everything inside drop like your uterus. It kind of scared me a little bit coming from a nurse. I don't plan on having kids but I don't want anything falling out haha.

Ha ha, love this thread! I was told by older women in the gym when I was pregnant that I was NOT supposed to workout when I'm pregnant. Then when they see me again they stare me down and give me the evil eye! Had 5 healthy babies and was at the gym the day I went into labor with 3 of them. : )
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    women should eat 1200 calories to lose weight.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    So a pt told me recently. Think I will stick to curls and jumping jacks from now on. What most stupid advice you have heard someone give at the gym??

"Don't eat anything after 6 p.m. and don't bother with cardio (or strength training)." Another reason to work out at home.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    A "trainer" approached me and gave unsolicited advice about how I should never ever do weights above 5 pounds because "they will make me bigger"

Instant credibility destruction.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    A "trainer" approached me and gave unsolicited advice about how I should never ever do weights above 5 pounds because "they will make me bigger"

Instant credibility destruction.

wow...
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    A guess some people would call a round perky bubble butt fat?
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, I am not in shape because I sweat too much.
  • Winks0118
    Winks0118 Posts: 25
    Options
    Running WILL make your uterus fall out, so don't do it until you are done having kids!

My uterus hasn't fallen out yet... at least not to my knowledge. :bigsmile:
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow. just wow.
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    They should know better.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 141 lbs, and a PT told me I should be eating at least 3,000 cal a day to bulk up.

I would gain fat at a rate of 2 lbs per week...
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Fruit has no calories.
    Pasta isn't a carb.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Swimming makes you fat because the water is cold. So you store more fat. You know, like a polar bear or seal :/

LOL. Love this one.

Stupidest thing I got told was that running would make my legs look fat.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I had a PT tell me that back extension and deadlifts work all the same muscles...... And that I was really strong so I should lift lighter with atleast 30 reps to get a toned not bulky look... Oh and he mentioned Dr Oz......
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 141 lbs, and a PT told me I should be eating at least 3,000 cal a day to bulk up.

I would gain fat at a rate of 2 lbs per week...

LOL!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Unfortunately this asinine reason or something similiar was used for many years to prevent women from competing in distance running
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, I am not in shape because I sweat too much.

Hahahaha I have heard this one thrown around before too its hilarious!