is this gross?

Options
124»

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh... I drink from glasses at restaurants.

I wouldn't but was going to say something like ^^^ this.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's safe but I'd want a new one myself.

My yoga studio actually has a sale a couple times a year where unclaimed lost water bottles can be purchased.
  • megemeese
    megemeese Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOL frida just use it ! ... you come in contact with alot more nasty things even on a daily basis then a boiled and bleached water bottle ...
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's safe but I'd want a new one myself.

My yoga studio actually has a sale a couple times a year where unclaimed lost water bottles can be purchased.

That's... interesting...
    Never heard of that...
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My OCD hubs-2-be would agree with your hubby, but I would agree with you. As long as you washed it, it should be fine.
  • tinkerbellmad
    tinkerbellmad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree with your husband... I wouldn't use it, especially from someone I don't know x
  • britjoe42309
    britjoe42309 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would drink from it. You boiled it, which killed all the bacteria that would have been on there. Plus, you boil bottles for your baby right? And when the pacifier falls on the ground, you put it in hot water. So why not??
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's fine.

I'm sure a lot of us have had things a WHOLE lot less sanitary in our mouths than a used water bottle.
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My OCD hubs-2-be would agree with your hubby, but I would agree with you. As long as you washed it, it should be fine.

*high five* :happy:
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh... I drink from glasses at restaurants.

yep.

bleach it if you're concerned but just wash it!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Drink out of a ceramic bottle...Plastic will cause cancer.

Sorry, too much consensus on this thread.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! you drink out of glasses at restaurants! What is the difference? Only that your newly used water bottle is probably more sanitized.
  • AWaken72
    AWaken72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You boiled it? Its ok to use... that's how we've sterilised baby's bottles for years...
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I bought a used breast pump and used it... meh...

I did think it was a little weird when you responded to my craigslist ad!! :P

I'm strangely turned on...

I ALMOST used a used breast pump (one of those big electric rental types from the hospital) once, til I saw the disclaimer on the case that said "For Breast Purposes Only". It took me about two seconds of wondering what else someone would use it for, before I put the tube down and bought my own.

But back on topic - yeah, the bottle is no biggie. Anyone who drank a glass of water at a restaurant should be ok with a used yet properly cleaned water bottle. Unless THAT has one of those labels on it...
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    can you run it through the dishwasher? If so, go for it. :)

^^^This
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Everyone does much much worse on a near daily basis without realizing. Everytime we open a door its worse then this.. He is being silly.
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's less grosser than sitting on a used bicycle seat.

ha ha this^^
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Contracting diseases is merely one of your concerns. You can also inherit the person's stupidity by not properly sanitizing bottles.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Everyone does much much worse on a near daily basis without realizing. Everytime we open a door its worse then this.. He is being silly.

Exactly!

Like the poo particles on your toothbrush if you flush the toilette with the lid open and your toothbrush doesn't have a cover.