Replies

• msdeedee23
    msdeedee23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once a week:flowerforyou:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only use the Monday morning weigh-in to look for overall trends.
  • 06fym19
    06fym19 Posts: 1
    Options
    I do friday morning than monday morning to see if gain over the weekend its working so far.:smile:
  • JessiesGirl69
    JessiesGirl69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning but I write down my weight and measurements every 2 weeks.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning right after using the toilet and showering before eating or drinking anything. Track my weekly maximum, minimum, and average, and update my MFP profile with the average at the end of each week.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, on Friday mornings. I don't like to see the dialy fluctuations, plus I like the pay-off of seeing my loss for an entire week, rather than a fraction of a pound at a time. Now, when I reach my goal, I am considering daily weighing to make sure I am keeping things under control.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I was at the doctor shortly before joining MFP, so I used that weight as my starting point. My weight (or my scale) fluctuates widely, so I may wait till my follow-up doctor's appointment next week to put in my latest weight. I did weigh myself yesterday and was almost eight pounds down. I wish! Granted, I was barefoot, and I wore my old-style Sketchers Shape-Ups, which are Frankenstein shoes, to the doctor, so maybe I should try again with the shoes on. But once I can feel assured that my home scale is accurate, I'll probably weigh in once a week. I'm doing Jillian's Body Revolution, so I'm eager for toning as much as I am for pounds lost.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Some people say do it daily for trends. I do it once a a week, in the morning after my morning potty on the same day.

Yup.
  • alkonost0
    alkonost0 Posts: 22
    Options
    Every two weeks.. usually on days that I over ate in order to calm myself a bit
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week. Part of the reason I got so fat without realizing it is that my bathroom scale was inaccurate and I didnt know it. Still it reads that I am 10 pounds lighter than I am. I know what you are thinking, just dial the thing back 10 pounds, but when I did that it was still inaccurate.

Anyway I dont weigh myself at home anymore. Once or sometimes twice a week I go to the mall for some indoor walking exercise. Yes, just like the old people in mall walking fitness groups, I prefer to never walk outdoors. I like a controlled temperature, enclosed, safe place to do my walking. Anyway at the end of my walk I stop at a booth where you pay a quarter for your guaranteed exact weight and I weigh myself. There are a few of these booths, but I prefer the one in the family restroom (area with couches for mothers to sit and feed their babies and bottle warmers on the counter and a diaper machine) because no one is ever there to *see* me standing on the scale in my socks with my scale face on (weird look of extreme concentration as I will myself to register as thinner)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    typically daily in morning after my shower and going to washroom. I record once a week typically. I am in a 'biggest loser' challenge right now and we record every two weeks our losses over a 12 week competition.... happy to say I am winning and final weight in is on Monday!!!! whoot whoot!!!
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, every morning after going to the bathroom (TMI!). It generally motivates me to keep working hard or it tells me I need to change something. Sometimes I even weight at night to get a sneak peak at what's coming the next day.

I'm a self confessed scale addict. Even if I lose inches, I don't feel like I've lost til the scales tell me so. Not the best attitude, I know.

I'm currently stalling in my weight loss, after losing around 60 pounds (I know my ticker says 13 but I haven't always used MFP) but I'm trying to eat more and exercise more to break it.

It's been a while since I've seen the scales dip slightly everyday, but I love it when it does, I find it SO encouraging.

I'm tempted to put my scales away and weight myself on Sundays though as it's really bothering me lately that I'm not seeing results on the scale.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but I will take an occasional "peek" in between. I only record once a week and always on the same day and at the same time (first thing in the morning after using the bathroom.)

ha! this exactly on Wednesdays!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, same, time, same clothes
  • courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i weigh every day. i think it gives the best representation of what really goes on with your body. it helps me to realize that it's normal to fluctuate. i think the days you DON'T want to weigh yourself are the ones you probably should the most, so you can see the effect that a rough day has...it has motivated me to not go overboard sometimes. i think if it works for you, go for it! once a week just did not work for me, wasn't giving me an accurate picture. i'm okay with fluctuations of 3 pounds or so and i know if it's more than that, something is wrong. it's good to keep a close watch on it in my opinion.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Too many times, lol
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    official and recorded weight? Once a week on Friday morning.

However I track my weight fluctuation to see how it changes with food, workouts, that TOM, etc so I'll step on it 3ish times a week. I don't freak out when I see a 2 pound jump after 2 days.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Once a month =)
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessive especially now because I'm early in the process and one day matters! But I have always weighed myself 2x a week, even at my heaviest (240!!!) because that piece if cake matters, and I want accountability. it helps me know how the food I'm eating impacts the scale. And when I can ease up or be worried.
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning after I get up, before I have breakfast. Occasionally I'll sneak a peek on a Saturday just to see how I'm cruising. I think if weighed myself every day then I would become obsessed with the scale, so I figure it's better not to tempt myself.