For those of you who like Yoplait "Greek" Yogurt...

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    where do you guys get Fage? I have not seen it at walmart.

I buy mine at Kroger and I think I have got it at Walmart before. Not too sure though. I feel like I live in grocery stores these days!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this!! I have a coupon for Yoplait Greek Yogurt and was planning on picking some up this weekend on the weekly shopping trip, but was still leery. So you saved me some $$$ :bigsmile:

I usually either buy Chobani or Oikos... Fage IS good, but for some reason it's hard for me to find in my local stores. I used to love the Trader Joe's brand of Greek Yogurt, but no TJ's that close to me anymore. :sad:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

Kroger is the only place I've found it. In the natural foods dairy case. I know Kroger is a pretty regional store. I'm thinking Publix is likely to carry it as well (though I've never looked there).
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options

I've found it at Fresh and Easy, as well as Albertson's.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    thnx guys but I don't have publix, kroger's or trader joe's. will check at whole foods maybe.

I tried OIKOS and the texture was YUKKY
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That just turned my stomach. I'm sticking to Fage too.

I get my Fage at Whole Foods Nola.
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    WOW Thank you so much for sharing!!!! I was going to buy some the other day but didnt.... I Love Chobani its my fav!!! I usually get mine from Publix.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Is Milk Protein Concentrate the same as whey?

Good lord I hope not!

Good question though. I don't think they are the same. Whey comes from seperating the milk into curdles and something else...can't remember it all. MPC is the icky byproducts left over from all the processing....like the random bits of animal left over after butchering.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I am a Fage only girl myself. The only other yogurt I can stomach to eat is Mountain High Yoghurt.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    IF you go to FAGE website they have a store locator
    http://www.fageusa.com/StoreLocator.aspx
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm a FAGE addict too! I've tried Greek Gods and OIKOS.... both are yucky! FAGE 0% is the only yogurt for me. :tongue:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Wow, I've been living off of Oikos for the past couple of months and if y'all are saying that's yucky... I really gotta find some Fage and give that a try! LOL
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I really like Fage, Okios, Brown Cow, and Chobani. I usually buy the Chobani plain because it has 5 cultures compaired to the others 2 or 3. And if you guys love greek yogurt you should all drink Kefir...it's so tasty (I usually buy the Lifeway brand).
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I really like Fage, Okios, Brown Cow, and Chobani. I usually buy the Chobani plain because it has 5 cultures compaired to the others 2 or 3. And if you guys love greek yogurt you should all drink Kefir...it's so tasty (I usually buy the Lifeway brand).

Oikos also has 5 cultures.

SraArroz -- I don't think Oikos is yucky. But it does have a distinct aftertaste/tang/bitterness to it that Fage doesn't. BUT, that's because Oikos has 3 more active cultures than Fage. So... in that way it's better for you.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Meijer is the only store around here that carries Fage besides the natural food store. I love it, but it is pricy! I make my own thicker yogurt by just draining off plain nonfat yogurt. Cheaper and still yummy! :bigsmile:

Oh, and Sam's Club is now carrying Brown Cow Greek yogurt, but only in the fruit on the bottom blueberry and strawberry and I prefer just the plain kind! Oh well!
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Is Milk Protein Concentrate the same as whey?

Good lord I hope not!

Good question though. I don't think they are the same. Whey comes from seperating the milk into curdles and something else...can't remember it all. MPC is the icky byproducts left over from all the processing....like the random bits of animal left over after butchering.

Well kraft cheese is suppose to say it contains MPC, but it doesn't. Not even on the mac n cheese. The common ingredient that the two have is Whey, which is the only thing of each that comes from a by product. Whey -It is a by-product of the manufacture of cheese or casein and has several commercial uses.

I know Kraft got in trouble years ago for not having MPC on their lable, but wouldn't they have corrected that problem already?

Also, in Yoplait regular yogurt, not Greek yogurt, it does not contain MPC and does come from milk.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I didn't think my market carried it and finally asked.......it was over in the organic section ( or as the clerk said "the expensive isle"!)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

I didn't think my market carried it and finally asked.......it was over in the organic section ( or as the clerk said "the expensive isle"!)

Haha and that is so true!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I just checked the Fage Store Locator and even at the furthest distance it had, there were NO stores. I hate living in the middle of nowhere.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    This is the information on Whey.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfCFR/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=184.1979

So I do believe that whey is different than MPC.