What is your plan for April?

Options
13»

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Talked to a Registered Dietician yesterday about my concerns since have been gaining for the past year instead of losing in spite of all the work I've been doing to lose. She said one of two things could be going on 1) that all of the "diets" I've done may have confused my metabolism (meaning, while I still have a high metabolism, it is so used to hoarding because of all the yo-yo ing I was doing that it could take 6 months or more for it to straighten out) or 2) there is a possibility that I could have subclinical hypothyroidism (haven't been able to do much research on this yet, but in this scenario, you have normal thyroid levels with something subclinical going on, planning on looking more into this when I can), but the only way to find out is for my primary to order the test.
    So, in the mean time, she gave me a 1700cal meal plan and said to start eating for nutrition rather than weight loss. Exercise wise, I am still doing the Les Mills Combat twice a week, dance class rehearsals once a week (with some extra rehearsal times come in to play since we have a performance in June and will be learning a new group routine and I have a new solo to choreograph) and hopefully my ankle will start getting back to form so I can start my walking/jogging since I have the Color Me Rad 5K at the end of May and I want to be able to run at least part of it.

That sounds like a sensible plan. I can understand how difficult it can be to have that long-term approach and give the body time to relax and straighten out before focusing on weight loss again. Easier said than done.
  • SniffyDoodle
    Options
    I am returning to MFP. I was doing really well using this site, but then I changed jobs and got thrown completely off track. :(

I am going to start C25K again in April. I had completed the program, completed three 5K's, and was running 3-4 miles 4-5 days a week... now I'm starting over.

I am also going to try the squat challenge.

My main goal is to just get back to tracking and learn not to be so hard on myself.

I have gained so much weight back. From size 8-10 to a size 16. I have almost 75 lbs to lose to get to my ultimate goal. I'm ready to get started!

Could use friends for encouragement!!! Anyone? Anyone??? :D
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting Insanity on the 1st and still occasionally hopping on my stationary bike. Not changing much of my eating but I might be moving out and starting a new job where I'll be walking 8+ miles a day so hopefully that's a big push for my weight loss (:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support, Sarah! :)
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Finishing C25K! I started it back in February and got sidetracked by illness and vacation, but I got back to it and am gearing up for W5D3 (the 20-minute run). Eek. I'm actually going to be away from home for the first two weeks of April, but luckily I will have access to workout-friendly environments in all of my destinations.

I also want to be more diligent about doing strength training in April. I use the seated weight machines at my gym fairly often, but not as regularly as I ought to to see results. (At least, that's what I assume. My arms and legs look better than they did before I got back into a regular exercise routine, but still not great.) I'm aiming to do some strength training 3x per week. I'd like to venture into using free weights but I'm kind of intimidated by the superhumans who dominate that section of the gym.

Overall I feel pretty optimistic about April. My short-term goal was to lose 10 lbs/slim down generally in time for my friends' wedding in early May and I should be able to meet that if not exceed it.
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My plan is to complete 30DS and then I will either start C25K or RI30 or both. My biggest plan though is to keep on keeping on.

This is my exact plan but I started a few days ago! Loving Ripped In 30 so far, I like the 30 second strength intervals instead of the 45 second intervals from 30 Day Shred It and there's a greater variety of exercises! And I'm running in a 5K at the end of April so C25K is essential!

Good luck to you!