Looking for friends - Let's lose 30 lbs!

Options

Replies

• stechan07
    stechan07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to lose at least 30. I'm starting with 5. Help! How are you all staying motivated to continue when the scale doesn't show you what you want to see?
  • jessiraines
    jessiraines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I'm hoping to loose at least another 30 lbs.. if you want anyone can add me. Always looking for more motivation and wanting to motivate others :)
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to lose at least 30. I'm starting with 5. Help! How are you all staying motivated to continue when the scale doesn't show you what you want to see?

From what I have been reading do not watch the scale. This is because you may stay the same weight because you are replacing fat with muscle. Also because your weight can fluctuate around 5 lbs a day. So weigh yourself once per month.
  • foralifetime
    Options
    You can add me too!! :)

I still have 40 pounds to go!
  • maybe904
    maybe904 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new here and am working on loosing 50ish lbs. I would love to help you stay motivated and encourage you as we both work to achieve our goals.
  • maryracan
    Options
    You can add me. I need to lose 70lbs and need all the support and momentum I can get!
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, the same thing happened with me! When my grandmother passed about 5 years ago, I went into a very dark place... and gained tons of weight in the process. I too would like to lose 30 pounds, if not more!
  • karrindrwd
    karrindrwd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm trying to shred off about 20 pounds over the next few weeks. I'm on my fourth day of 30 day shred, and I must say I'm impressed with Jillian, it's a great short workout. I'm also doing couch to 5k and I do yoga at least twice a week. If there is anyone doing similar programs I'd love to hear your results or tips! I'm a student so time can be hard to find, and I'm trying to stay motivated to eat healthier and slim as a reward for myself for quitting smoking. I'm going 4 months strong :)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 and have another 52 to go.
  • RaineSmith
    Options
    Hi would love to have some more friends to keep me motivate! I lost 45 on my own and joined mfp 40 days ago. Since then I have lost 10 more and still have 45 to go! Please add me!
  • scoanowens
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I'm on a mission to lose at least 50 lbs. I also care for my brother so I can relate to being a caregiver. Sometimes I'm so mentally drained that I get physically tired. I need a bud to hold me accountable.
  • momocip
    momocip Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 40 more...... would love to join :)
  • dymplz8
    dymplz8 Posts: 4
    Options
    Please add me :) I am looking to lose over 85lbs. Really need the support
  • doodbanks
    Options
    Hello, I definitely need all the help I can get! I would like to lose more than 30 lbs. Struggling a bit, seem to have dropped a dress size?! (although that could be a fluke as it was one dress) but I have put more weight on so I would love your help!
  • JaneDown20
    JaneDown20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! My target is 20, but an extra 10 wouldn't hurt me ;)
    I exercise everyday for 60 minutes, cut out junk food a month ago &
    feel great! Lets help keep each other on target!
  • masbenevento
    Options
    Hi. I need to lose at least 33 pounds for my daughters wedding in the fall. Would love to support one another.
  • carrun86
    carrun86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Add me! I have about 40 to lose and would to get it done before June! I log EVERY DAY :)
  • pjammer10
    pjammer10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im looking to lose at least 50 and looking for some friends to inspire and motivate me. Feel free to add me! The more friends and support the better:happy:
  • suki_j
    suki_j Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 20, can I add you?? :)
  • kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thirty pounds is about all I have left to lose. Would love to join the team and support each other.
    Tom