I have to eat pizza tonight?!

Options
As great as it sounds, it's very unfortunate. I'm going out to a bowling alley tonight pretty late, and making food or not eating is NOT an option. Basically, my choices are burgers, pizza, fried chicken, french fries, corn dogs, milkshakes, and soda. So I've decided I will help myself to 2 slices of cheese pizza (which I will dab the grease from) because I'm absolutely starving, and one piece just won't do the trick. I burned 500 calories today and am planning on burning another 100, and even after eating the 2 slices of pizza, I will be 500 calories under my goal. I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but for whatever reason I feel like this is going to ruin my entire diet:( Should I really be worried?

Replies

• elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nope...don't feel guilty. You burned calories, you're making a good decision on food. I mean, even though we are trying lose weight, we still have to live life in the real world. And, that means being faced with food like pizza, wings and all the junkie stuff. But, you're golden! No worries.....
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    No, go enjoy your pizza :) Having pizza once in awhile probably won't hurt you, especially if you have the calories for it.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    no way, i ate 4 pieces the other night im pretty sure it went over my calorie limit but i never have pizza
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have pizza once a week, and it fits well in my calorie count, why feel guily?? Pizza is not the most horrible food you could eat, just enjoy your two pieces, log them and go on:)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I burned 500 calories today and am planning on burning another 100, and even after eating the 2 slices of pizza, I will be 500 calories under my goal. I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but for whatever reason I feel like this is going to ruin my entire diet:( Should I really be worried?

You should be worried - yes...If you are still 500 calories UNDER your goal after a whole day and dinner of two slices of pizza, and you feel guilty about it, you have reason to worry...Not about ruining your diet, but about the unhealthy relationship you have with food....Why do you eat 500 calories under your goal?
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    No need to feel guilty. Situations like these are going to pop up every now and then. It's best not to associate food with worry and negative feelings or it will drive you crazy in the future. It's not going to ruin your diet - in fact, still being at a 500 calorie deficit seems high to me, but whatever whatevs.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I ate half a pizza today and came in pretty close. I eat pizza every weekend. :heart:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Eat three slices and use up the other 500! enjoy it too!!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    my vote

double bacon cheese burger!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I will be 500 calories under my goal.

Eating significantly under your intake goal isn't doing your body any favours.

So, fill those extra calories with more pizza and/or some beer!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Last night I ate an entire pizza by myself and was 1.2 lbs lighter this morning.

I feel no guilt.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    nope.
    if it fits in your macros, then eat it :]
    as long as you are not eating a whole pizza pie all meals then no worries. have fun!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I consumed about 1000 calories worth of pizza on Sunday.

My only guilt...

...I should have consumed 2000 calories worth.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If pizza ruined a diet, I'd me in serious trouble. I eat pizza 2-3 times a week. I love the stuff. It's my carb of choice.

If you're still under your calories, there's no harm at all. Calories in, calories out.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza once a month on a low carb diet and am doing fine, go for it!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It's going to suck if you don't enjoy it, so please do. Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm already planning to go to a place that has pretty decent NY pizza - out here in the middle of NC - and I'm going to love every bite.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    nope.
    if it fits in your macros, then eat it :]
    as long as you are not eating a whole pizza pie all meals then no worries. have fun!

I ate a whole pizza last night, as stated above. Nothing wrong with it. It fit into my calories, and I loved every second.

Oh, and again: LOST WEIGHT.

OP, please eat more than 2 slices of pizzza. Hit your calorie goals and enjoy yourself!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Really. What is so wrong with pizza??? Bread, cheese, veggies, and meat (for non-vegetarians). Or as Sara said - protein, carbs and fat. It's pretty balanced.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you'll still be 500 calories under your goal, then go, eat and enjoy
    Because, your goal already has a deficit to it. So even if you eat all the way up to your goal you're still at least at a 500 calorie deficit. So it won't hurt you one bit and sometimes its good to indulge, :)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to hate on pizza? I love pizza. I practically live on pizza. Leave pizza alone. Better yet, the next time you order it just send it my way.