How do you know if you are being scammed?

Options
1235»

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is...don't send nudes until you at least get their P.O. box number.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Alright people we all I am sure understand that many people on here are
    not who they claim to be right?? So how do you know if the person you are
    actually interacting with is who they say they are?

Welcome to the internet.
  • jboss1989
    jboss1989 Posts: 25
    Options
    This is A) The internet, and B) A weight-loss/health management site. Nobody can really tell who is who and what they are like. Let people give you health and fitness ideas, and motivate you; don't worry about flirting with possible axe-murderers.
  • smantha32
    Options
    batman_zps1fcbcdc3.jpg

And, as you can see, I have an amazing plan for world domination. So it's not all bad.

Gonna use your gravitational pull or something? :indifferent:

:laugh:
  • smantha32
    Options
    A friend of mine gave ALOT of money away when she was scammed by a 'love' interest on the internet. I could not believe her stupidity....I told her, her family told her...I mean why would she listen to people that cared about her when she was in 'love' and 'trusted him'.

She was actually surprised when the reality finally dawned on her, or rather when it smacked her in the face :noway:

I have a friend who lost money when she gave a "work from home" scammer access to her bank account so he could "set up direct deposit". He cleaned her out. People need to think this stuff through.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm hot, wealthy, and enormously successful. I work as a well-known actress in Hollywood, have been a lingerie model, former cover girl for Sports Illustrated, married to a basket ball star, divorced from a current NFL player, and spend most of my time traveling between the French Riviera and the Greek islands on my 225-foot, private yacht. I've hung out with George Clooney and Brad Pitt has agreed to be my child's God parent.

Everyone wants me or is jealous of me for my perfect life. Don't be hating.

I was totes believin till you said the second last sentence...

Everyone knows that it's Brad Pitt's yacht we hang out on and George Clooney is the godparent.

EVERYONE knows.

DARN IT, SLIPPED AGAIN!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm hot, wealthy, and enormously successful. I work as a well-known actress in Hollywood, have been a lingerie model, former cover girl for Sports Illustrated, married to a basket ball star, divorced from a current NFL player, and spend most of my time traveling between the French Riviera and the Greek islands on my 225-foot, private yacht. I've hung out with George Clooney and Brad Pitt has agreed to be my child's God parent.

Everyone wants me or is jealous of me for my perfect life. Don't be hating.

Mom?

Son, get off this site and back to work. You have dishes, laundry and yard work to do.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    simple answer...

you tell them to take a new picture exactly how they are now...
    you ask them to skype with you

other than that you have no idea... honestly.. and even if they DO do those things for you, you still have no idea if they are lying about their living situation or whatever else they tell you... thats why you dont get close to people that you dont know.. or you just have trust and let fate figure it out..
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Internet_dog.jpg
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If the thought "maybe I'm being scammed" comes into your mind... you probably are.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    If you actually develop a relationship with the person, complete with pics and vids and skype time.. well then you know their looks and demeanor.

Whether they're out to scam you, or if they're really married and just clever, or if they're some mass murderer looking for their next victim... well you won't know that til you meet in person.

Online dating speeds up the get to know you process, but it eventually falls short and for anything decent to continue, I think in person meetings are required.

unless you're into mail order bride sorts of stuff. ;)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I usually assume it's a dude wearing a wig but looks good doing it.

Unless I'm proven otherwise.

Damn...I'm busted!!

hA8519E0D

Phil did you notice the Nike just do it symbol on the hawk's wing? Nike supports little animals killing clearly.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I usually assume it's a dude wearing a wig but looks good doing it.

Unless I'm proven otherwise.

Damn...I'm busted!!

hA8519E0D

Phil did you notice the Nike just do it symbol on the hawk's wing? Nike supports little animals killing clearly.

ROFLMAO!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If someone is pathetic enough to want to meet their soul mate from a calorie counting website they should be smart enough to use skype before they officially meet.

Hi Summer.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If someone is pathetic enough to want to meet their soul mate from a calorie counting website they should be smart enough to use skype before they officially meet.

Hi Summer.
    uh no?