Easter survival strategy

Options

Replies

• aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a box of 5 See's truffle eggs for my Easter basket. Fortunately, I can pretty easily just eat one every day or two and make them fit into my diet. We haven't planned Easter dinner yet, but I think we're going to my son's house. My daughter-in-law makes yummy cakes and deviled eggs, so those are what I'll have to watch out for.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually just drench myself in vodka and whiskey.

It wards off the people trying to make me go to church.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday so eat what you want in moderation. I do all the cooking so I will try and make things a little healthier and utalize portion control. LOL right. If I was going out I would be screwed. Just kidding.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No, I don't like Easter candies/eggs they are too sweet for my taste, and chocolate makes me sick if I eat more than a small piece, so I am good.

Enjoy and have a Happy Easter!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Reminds me, I need to go pick up Cadbury Eggs.

Thanks OP
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My Mom usually makes me an Easter basket because even though I am 30 years old, she still thinks of me as her baby! However, this year I requested bath products and GU gels and chomps for my runs!
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I gave up candy and soda for Lent, so I honestly haven't really had the cravings. My fiance gave them up as well, so we drink a lot of water in our house and instead of all the candy I could be eating, I have been substituting it for veggies (way healthier and a LOT more filling!). We have the get together at his grandmothers on Sat. and then we have the get together with my family on Sunday. I plan on just watching my portion sizes. The weather is supposed to actually be nice for a change, so hopefully I can get a walk or jog in there somewhere this weekend, that would be nice. We have this pretty trail not far from my parent's house and I love going there, it's peaceful even if you just want to walk or look at nature.

Good luck everyone!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to not buy anthing for the house. And on Easter day when we go to the festivities at a family members house, eat what I want but don't go crazy and do not bring home leftovers. I'll let you know how that works. LOL..
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ONE cadbury egg. I can't wait!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I plan on dipping slabs of fried bunny into the creamy center of Cadbury eggs with a side of candy corn and jelly beans and some Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs (you know, for more protein).
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Bought my favorite...a gold Lindt chocolate bunny! We'll be fine. :tongue: Other than that, I've no big dinner plans, just my routine. Happy Easter, Everyone!
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I used to freak out over holidays and would try to plan in advance, end up not being able to stick to it, then freak out afterwards.

Now I am getting better at seeing that this is a lifestyle change, I have been doing very well lately, and one day of holiday fun in moderation wont hurt me in the least.

I am still planning to pre-plan, I will be eating at maintenance level on Sunday. Gives me plenty of calories to play around and have fun with, but still not go overboard. (chopped BBQ baby!)

I am also going to have some easter candy with any calories I have left over from the easter meal. I love the idea of the treat bag. I pre-logged my candy that I want, put it in a little baggie, and I will disburse eating it over the day.

Peanut butter white chocolate eggs, here I come!
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ham... still debating the roast potatoes..

I'm not buying any chocolate for me, while it may taste really good, I dont want to have to buy a new scale when I throw my current one out the window, next weigh in! but if I did.. cadburys creame eggs...

Angel food cake and strawberries for dessert...
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    We are having brunch with some family. I'm not sure what to expect but will try to make the best choices I can! They asked us to bring angel food cake and fruit and that is all I know that will be there. I'm sure it will be fine. I'll make a healthy dinner at home and we'll get some exercise that day, too.
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not filling my sons easter basket with a bunch of crap this year. I'm giving him things besides sweets so that I myself am not tempted either. He'll get a mini chocolate bunny but not a bunch. Not sure why every holiday needs to be with bunch of junk foods. i'm putting fresh berrie homemade dried fruit,goldfish,coloring book and crayons, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, stickers, choo choo train
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh Lordy, well this year Easter also happens to be my birthday, so it's a double whammy.

My mother and I have already planned the Easter meal so I already have logged what I am going to eat that day. I do Weight Watchers, so I have some exercise points from this week that I intend to use to have a little splurge on Sunday in the way of a small piece of cake or a few chocolate eggs.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday. How many times a year is there a holiday that really tempts you? My advice is to pick some things you really like and enjoy them without tripling your calorie intake

This. We got an Easter egg and 2 Creme Eggs inside from work, and will probably get one from my aunty. Apart from that, on Monday my work friends and I are going to Pizza Hut and I can't wait! It's a Monday, so I can eat less to gain back some calories through the week!
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Having a normal day. Eating some jellybeans that fit into my calories for the day. Taking the dog for a walk. So I can have some cadbury eggs later :)
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Easter chocolate is not my problem its food!!! I plan to do all my exercise this morning & carry my water bottle with me everywhere today & hopefully not feed my face with carbs - bread & hot cross buns with real nz fat butter :devil: OMG!!! But one day at a time and contiue to log everything I eat so I can look back to it! Any ideas please let me know??? Happy Easter MFP!!! x
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ITS A HOLIDAY!
    EAT
    DRINK
    BE MERRY>