When I am running my milnd tells me to stop

Options
1235»

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    What helps me is just to slow down. If I feel like I'm gonna die and I'm worn out I just slow down but don't stop running. That helps me catch my breath a little bit and recover. It totally works!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i have the same thing, i decided not to run anymore. However, i play basketball, do yoga and biking which has more benefit than running.

I still do run rarely, just to try out some trails..
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    My body whines at me most of the time my mind tells it to shut the heck up and i can go about my run until my heartrate hits about 200 then i have to slow down
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I used to get that voice....only thing that kept me going was using it to benefit my run....every time you start to tell yourself your tired and can't do remember why you are doing, realise how far you've come, 1/3 of your run is a third more than you would've run had you been sitting at home !

just use that voice to reinforce yourself that you're doing it for you and you've got this, it's your choice to stop....so don't !!

also when I don't feel like running I just say to myself, oh well I'll go for a 30minute walk to (said shop), change into my running gear, put some music on, start walking and next thing you know I'm on my jog !!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm for my run. Last night I didn't go. To tired and worn out. I'm glad I rested cause today I feel great. I'm so ready .
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Last night that voice came back, telling me to stop. But I didn't stop. I pushed through it.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Last night that voice came back, telling me to stop. But I didn't stop. I pushed through it.

Good job.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Running can be a mental game. My brain tells me to stop but if you push through it should go away or improve. Running to music helps me and having a partner is great too. Good luck!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep doing that and it'll become a habit, and before you know it the voice won't dare speak up as it knows you don't listen!
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I just want to say thank you to all of you guys. It has helped . I used to hate my next run, even with that feeling I still did it. But know I look forward to my next run...