What's everyone reading??

Options
MandaJean83
MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
Just curious what latest book you are devouring? I'm always looking for a great new book!!

Right now I'm reading Catching Fire, which is the second book of the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins! It's been sitting on my shelf for the past year because school reading has taken precedence over reading for pleasure, but now that I'm into it, it's REALLY quite good!

Share away!

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Nothing :( My Kindle broke and I'm too proud to go back to paper...
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I just bought a biomedical ethics textbook for pleasure reading.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    I am currently going through The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay by Michael Chabon, American Prometheus by Kai Bird, and re-reading Dashiell Hammett stories like The Maltese Falcon.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Troubles" by J.G. Farrell and John Banville. I guess it's part of a trilogy... I picked it up for 99 cents as a Kindle daily deal :) It's pretty good - but a bit weird.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    The first "Game of Thrones" book.
  • gjriddle
    gjriddle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you're into the Hunger Games trilogy, definitely check out Veronica Roth's series! Only the first two are out so far, Divergent and Insurgent, with the third due out sometime fall 2013. I LOVED the first two and cannot wait for the third!
  • jackoninny
    jackoninny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just finished Infinity Guantlet, starting Infinity War.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    World War Z, pretty good read if you are into zombies :)
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    The latest Black Dagger Brotherhood book. Just published this week!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i have been trying to read 50 shades of grey to see what all the fuss is about, but its horrible. so i'm reading the story of o, just so i can read some good s&m literature to rid my brain of the bubble gum pop crap that is 50 shades of grey.

story of o is infinitely better. its a great book, i highly recommend it.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I finished May the Road Rise Up and Meet You today. I enjoyed it.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Fifty Shades trilogy..... don't judge.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm reading "A Promising Man (and About Time, Too)" by Elizabeth Young. The jury is still out as to whether it's good or not.

If you want a couple of really good reads, check out two vintage novels by Marlys Millhiser -- The Mirror and The Threshold. The first is about a young woman and her grandmother who unwillingly trade places in time through a mirror. The second is about a woman who discovers a rip in time in an abandoned mining town and her interactions with a young girl on the other side. They're both beyond amazing.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Diary Of A Married Call Girl...it's very good actually!
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Fifty Shades trilogy..... don't judge.

I read it to see what the hubbub was about. SNOOZE!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    These forums atm.

Instructional Design and Gaming is the book.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Five Languages of Love
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    Right now, I'm reading "A Promising Man (and About Time, Too)" by Elizabeth Young. The jury is still out as to whether it's good or not.

If you want a couple of really good reads, check out two vintage novels by Marlys Millhiser -- The Mirror and The Threshold. The first is about a young woman and her grandmother who unwillingly trade places in time through a mirror. The second is about a woman who discovers a rip in time in an abandoned mining town and her interactions with a young girl on the other side. They're both beyond amazing.
    Oh I love time travel plots! Have you read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading my own novel for editing purposes before I start looking for an agent.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Coming to the end of Appasionata (Jilly Cooper) then going to start Kane and Abel (Jeffery Archer) I'm so glad I bought my Kobo reader, its got my back into reading again. I stopped reading books when I couldnt read without putting on my glasses!