What's everyone reading??

Options

Replies

• snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    City of Bones. It's pretty good! Love a bit of fantasy.

I just finished an amazing book I NEED to recommend called 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green. AMAZING book! Go take a look at it online :)
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Currently reading These Things Hidden , by Heather Gudenkauf and listening to The Host on Audio book.

I recently finished and loved The Violets of March, by Sarah Jio
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was reading 1Q84 but had to take a break for my brain to adjust and am now reading Gone Girl, which is very good so far.
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    the back of this granola bar wrapper!! Hhhmmm...not as healthy as I thought!! On to the next!!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Born to Run and its really good.

I'm listening to the wheel of time series on audio book but its a huge series.

The Hunger Games is a good series, read it not too long ago. I'm a huge book nerd so I won't go into detail about my recent reads, it would be a decent list.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Le Carre's Tinker Tailor Solder Spy, for the second time. Plus, the current New Yorker on my Kindle.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just started Les Miserables last night. Just finished Water For Elephants.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Currently The Catcher In The Rye having ploughed through The Bedwetter (Sarah Silverman) and American On Purpose (Craig Ferguson) this week, both of which I enjoyed.
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The Paleo Solution... by ROBB WOLF..
    Awaken the Giant Within.. Anthony Robbins.. I've read this one before it's just so good I keep revisiting it!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Been delving into some classics. I'm reading Dracula at the moment and I think I will read Frankenstein next. Check out Gutenberg.org. Free ebooks! Edited to add that I just finished Peter Pan.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Most of my reading is for graduate school. But when I exercise or travel, I often listen to the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher. It is incredible. It's like the adult version of Harry Potter. It's our world but with magic, and the main character is a detective/wizard. Awesome action, great character development, great stories. 13 books out so far.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I am reading "Delirium" like "The Hunger Games", it is a young adult dystopian novel. It also is three books. So far it's very good.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm reading two books:

One is "The Power of Habit: Why We What We Do in Life" by Chales Duhigg. It's interesting (it's about how we form habits and how to form good habits, etc) but it's too anecdotal.

The other is a fictional novel called "New York" by Edward Rutherford. I have read all his other books, I love epic novels that span centuries. Its choke full of historical events. I love it!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Currently reading in fiction: Defending Jacob by William Landay
    In non-fiction: I Declare by Joel Osteen
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones! Not sure if I like it or not yet.
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Most of my reading is for graduate school. But when I exercise or travel, I often listen to the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher. It is incredible. It's like the adult version of Harry Potter. It's our world but with magic, and the main character is a detective/wizard. Awesome action, great character development, great stories. 13 books out so far.

I may have to find the Harry Dresden books! That sounds good.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm pounding my way through the Game of Thrones books! You either get right into them, or you don't, but so far I'm loving them! (Especially certain characters like Arya and Daenerys) After those I've actually got the Hunger Games trilogy lined up, I'm looking forward to those :)
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides it is amazing!
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just finished "The Land Without Footprints" by Benjamin Grossman. It's a great book about a world with no laws and a family who tries to bring laws and justice back. It's really good! Check it out on Amazon!

Next up I'm reading the Hunger Games trilogy! I got the complete series for 5 bucks on my Kindle a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it's still that price :)
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just finished Anne Rice's, "The Wolf Gift." Not impressed. Now reading, "Mary Queen of Scots," by Antonia Frasier. I am impressed.