• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Pictures ladies! I want pictures!

This! And bump!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I think I have been bulking for 10 yrs. I'm quite strong with an obese BMI but great lifts as i was working out and lifting the whole time I gained weight. I guess the cut is going on now as muscles are appearing even more than i had expected Stay tuned for the pics.
  • Wow thats great
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Must say I'm getting tempted to do a bulk cycle myself at the end of this year...
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs, passed my goal weight, and still wasn't happy with the way I looked. Stupid scale. :grumble:

This is my 4th week of bulking. I gained 3.2lbs in the first three weeks while eating approximately my TDEE (no surplus) of 2170 cals, and starting stronglifts 5x5. I will continue to eat this number of calories until my weight gain gets under 0.5lbs a week. I was going to do 1.0lb a week as suggested by my male friends, but realized I needed to cut that in half since my muscle gaining potential is half of theirs. Haven't decided if I will do 6 weeks bulking, 7 weeks cutting and repeat, or a longer 12 week bulk and 14 week cut. I want all of the strength and muscle that I can get, but I also don't want to be any fatter than I need to be with my swimsuit on...

Most of those that answered the cycle length question said 12 weeks. Anyone do less successfully? Does it matter that I am new to this?
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    See I'm impressed that people are eating a few hundred calories over maintenance daily and are gaining 10-16 lbs in 3-5 months in that time. That's important to note for all those freaking out about going up 3 lbs from a meal... a true gain takes much more time to accomplish.

I'm going to do my first bulk in October of this year... after the last of my 13 mile races.

I think a lot has to do with excessive deficit effects.. My bulk was part a metabolism "reset" if you will to raise my baseline maintanence level.. now I'm currently cutting while consuming 1800-1900 cals/daily so I'm guess my maintanence this time around will be much higher than my maintanence previously when I was dieting down for over a year and consuming somewhere like 1600 cals/daily with a lot of cardio.. now I do very little cardio and able to consume much more because of the metabolic needs my body has gone accustomed to paired with gains in muscle =)

SO interesting, how oes on figure this out?? A reset, when to do it and how?
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • x3vanessaxo
    x3vanessaxo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Tagging. I'll add my post bulk pictures when I'm done. Currently just starting. :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Tagging.

I guess you can say I am on a bulk. Have calories set to maintence but typically eat over and doing heavy lifting 2-3 days and no cardio. Want to see my lifts get higher and then when I get my motivation back to do another cut am hoping to like the results I see in the end. Most calcuators have me around 27% BF right now give or take.
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love weights :) want to follow
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just created a female bulking group, all are welcome to join!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16930-women-who-bulk
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Bumping
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Bumping as I may be interested in this soon.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Awesome work girls!! I'm finishing the nrol4w thus week and will go into my first bulk next week!! I can't wait for the increased strength!

I plan on eating about 200-300 over tdee and see what that does!

I could really do with some friends that are going through the same thing!
    So if you are a girl and you bulk, add me please :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bump in case I decide to do this one day!
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to join this group if you do decide to bulk or just want to follow the journey of other women that are. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/51470-women-who-bulk
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!