Do you look in the mirror.....

Options

Replies

• lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am my own worst critic, BY FAR!!! But that just fuels me to work that much harder!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the opposite-- that is, when I DON'T look in the mirror, the mental image of myself that I carry around in my head is a lot younger and hotter than the person that I see wearing my clothes (and looking really dumpy in them) when I pass a reflective surface. THAT b*tch is fat and wrinkly, and I don't like to look at her very much.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It's a crap-shoot for me. Some days I look in the mirror and think "Wow, I'm hot! When did that happen?", and other days I look in the mirror and still see my old 275 pound self staring back at me.

I have found the cure to my uncertainty is to post on any and all "Rate/Bang/Date/Hot or Not" threads on MFP, and let random strangers clue me in to where I stand hotness wise :laugh:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You have boobs therefore anything I say about my own physique is invalid.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The mirror wishes it could look as good as me...
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    1324377686_what_i_look_like_in_the_mirror_gag_zps4ed43f53.jpg

Ha! This.

So, no.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I guess you can say I have A.D.D. in life. I always see things I can improve or better. I get a lot of "Your the most determined person I know." . In reality, I just set high goals for myself. I don't achieve many, but keep plugging along at full speed. I wouldn't think its my best trait obviously, but ironically I accept that I always have more work to do...
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Ack- why doesn't MFP allow you to delete posts? Grrrr.....
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Mostly, I check to see if there are crumbs in my beard or stains on the front of my shirt or pants. At my age, most women look right through me anyway, like I was pane of glass.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It's a crap-shoot for me. Some days I look in the mirror and think "Wow, I'm hot! When did that happen?", and other days I look in the mirror and still see my old 275 pound self staring back at me.

This. Not sure why...it bothers me some.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The mirror is a pale imitation of the real thing. Or maybe I'm just that pale.

Tess Munster tho. Wowe got dang. Dita Von Teese can just step aside.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I look in the mirror everyday. I look, and can still see the guy that was in near perfect shape, and worked out twice a day, and ate healthy no matter what it took, for years on end, before my 126mph race bike crash. The 180* lifestyle change overnight, and the slow 2+yrs of phys thpy, then figuring out you can not continue to eat 5000 cal/day, like you have for the last 7yrs, when you can not lift more than 10 lbs, and not get FAT.... Now I use that to motivate myself to get this fat dude I am stuck inside of, that I don't really recognize, melted away. So the real me can come back to the surface where he is supposed to be. He's in there, he knows what to do to come back, and he's working hard at it right now ......Hopefully in the near future, I will actually be looking at myself again , in the mirror everyday ...... as long as my back, joints and bones hold up for the ride ......
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I hate mirrors...I see every imperfection that's there. There are good days and bad days, but I think that's typical. I have a happy life though so that is what is important to me. I don't need a mirror to know that much! :wink:
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror everyday. I look, and can still see the guy that was in near perfect shape, and worked out twice a day, and ate healthy no matter what it took, for years on end, before my 126mph race bike crash. The 180* lifestyle change overnight, and the slow 2+yrs of phys thpy, then figuring out you can not continue to eat 5000 cal/day, like you have for the last 7yrs, when you can not lift more than 10 lbs, and not get FAT.... Now I use that to motivate myself to get this fat dude I am stuck inside of, that I don't really recognize, melted away. So the real me can come back to the surface where he is supposed to be. He's in there, he knows what to do to come back, and he's working hard at it right now ......Hopefully in the near future, I will actually be looking at myself again , in the mirror everyday ...... as long as my back, joints and bones hold up for the ride ......

Yikes - how'd you crash? If you don't object to talking/typing about it...
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1324377686_what_i_look_like_in_the_mirror_gag_zps4ed43f53.jpg

Ha! This.

So, no.

Haha totally... even my loving grandmother once commented that I look way better in person than I do in pics. Thanks, Gram...
  • Syl92
    Syl92 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, depends on my day..
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You have boobs therefore anything I say about my own physique is invalid.

^^ ha! Love it.:laugh:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Pffft no. Depending on my mood I may see someone cute in the mirror but my self esteem is pretty low.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes, just like that post above, I like my reflection in mirrors and think I look good..... I don't see many flaws at all UNTIL I look at a photograph and BAM!!! Flaw to the head. :cry: