What do you order at Subway?

Options

Replies

• 1Posh_Princess
    1Posh_Princess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anything I feel like so long as I have the room in my daily for it. Of course that's a sandwich (not sub) cut in half and then I eat half..... save the other half for later. You'd be surprised at how filling that is.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I work at Subway, and I just want to warn you: Most Subways are DISGUSTING! My owner bought a new store, and you would be amazed the difference. I wish you could all have a store like the one I work in, because if we won't eat it, WE DON'T SERVE IT! Also, be weary of the buffalo chicken and teriyaki chicken. I've heard horror stories about how the chicken would start turning green, so they'd cover it in the sauce so you couldn't see it! As far as actual food goes, I love the philly, turkey with bacon, I make some delicious italian herb and cheese bread. Now I get salads, though because I'm trying to cut out my carbs. I love our sandwiches because we make sure nothing goes out of date, and everything is fresh. But seriously, if the place just looks and feels gross to you, walk right back out that door, and don't go back unless a new owner has taken over. You would be amazed to find that they never cleaned the tea nozzles. They also never cleaned the ice machine. For any restaurant, DON'T GET ICE! That's where everyone gets sick, because mold grows, and if it's not cleaned once a month, it builds, and people get sick. I've seen some really horrid things as far as food and store hygiene goes.
  • msagrero08
    msagrero08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anything with cheese and bacon!! lol
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My order is kind of strange because I don't like lettuce or tomatoes, which are generally staples of any "deli" kind of sandwich. But, I get whole wheat bread, avocado, baby spinach, pickles, olives, and American cheese. Occasionally I opt to omit either the cheese or the avocado if I feel like I need to and if I've had too much fat for the day or something, but generally that's what I always get. It's 330 calories, 46 grams of carbohydrates, 12 grams of fat, and 11 grams of protein. It's not the healthiest thing in the world but I absolutely adore the taste and when I'm on the go and need something healthy it's a lot better than most of the other choices out there!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I eat Subway very rarely but when I do:

Chicken breast on wheat
    tomato
    spinach
    cucumber
    green pepper
    one of the low cal dressings from their list, I can't remember the name (definitely NOT mayo)
    pepper
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't go there very much. Haven't been in a year at least. When I go, I get an everything on it salad with 2 scoops of tuna. I usually get whatever full fat creamy dressing they have. Extra banana pepper rings.... YUM!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I stopped.

But, if I were to ever come back....

Oven roasted chicken footlong in jalapeno bread. Pepper jack cheese. Toasted. Lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, pickles, banana peppers aaaand chipotle sauce
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ham, American cheese, lettuce, and brown mustard on wheat. Omnom. I think it's about 340 calories.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I eat the very rarely but did on Monday and had a chicken breast on 6 inch flat bread with lettuce, tomatoes minimal mayo and hot sauce lots of hot sauce. It was good. I won't run out every day and eat it but once every 6 months is ok.
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Jason's Deli.
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    6" 9 Grain Oat with Black forest ham and turkey breast. Lettuce, tomateo, cukes, black olives and green peppers and occasionally light mayo on the side and a bag of apple slices yum yum! They have awesome salads too! :smile:
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    6 inch veggie on flatbread, no cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, lots of banana peppers, onions, pepper, and lots of vinegar. Sooo good... Prolly around 300 cals.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted chicken, wheat bread, no cheese, all veggies, sweet oil sauce=320 calories!! Yummo!
  • sissermole
    sissermole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made a steak and cheese into a salad. Not great but better than all the carbs from the bread. Anything there can be made into a salad bowl.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I generally grab something from subway once a week or so. Normally either turkey, club, or oven roasted chicken on wheat. Add provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion, and one 'line' of lite mayo (they add way too much mayo for my tastes). And always toasted.

Doesn't seem to have done my weight-loss any harm.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Double meat roast beef on wheat with a tomato, mustard, and a ton of spinach.

I don't see anything unhealthy about a sandwich with wheat bread, a bunch of meat, and a pile of veggies.

The summer I lost ~40 pounds I went to Subway 5+ times a week.
  • lorislosingit
    lorislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    6" Turkey & Ham on wheat. Lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, pickles, olives, banana peppers, red hot peppers, spicy mustard or a little lite mayo. Pepper jack cheese if I feel like it. 280 calories without cheese or condiments.

If you're watching your sodium, skip the pickles, olives, banana peppers and red hot peppers.

Enjoy!

:)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I do the Oven Roasted Chicken breast on wheat, with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach and the sweet onion dressing/sauce. I think it was 410 calories for six inches. I plugged all the info into their nutrition page. I don't go very often but sometimes it's good to take to work.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    last time I got a few things in my sandwich that I didn't want - hair, so I haven't been able to eat there a few months. ever have to pick hair out of your teeth? Ugh.. not fun!!! :noway:
  • wisteria55
    wisteria55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Jason's Deli!!