Anyone Else Who Can't Stand the "Taste" of Water?

Options
Ok, my husband thinks I'm crazy, but I'm hoping there are others out there like me. We've lived 15 different places mostly in the USA, but also around the world (military), & w/the exception of water in a California mountain cabin, I have NEVER liked the taste of water, not even bottled/filtered. Don't like to drink it, & when I have to, I chug it like medicine. So I drink slightly sweetened ice tea to stay hydrated. Yes, I'm like the little girl, Bo, in Mel Gibson's movie "Signs." So I've admitted it...am I crazy, or are there more of you like me? :-)

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    No.

I'm sorry but your crazy.

It's water and it's the most refreshing thing on the planet and allows plants to grow and humans to breathe.

And YOU complain about the TASTE.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're just crazy.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're just crazy.

SpitTakesWaterThrowGif-thumb-350x197-16051.gif
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Ok, my husband thinks I'm crazy, but I'm hoping there are others out there like me. We've lived 15 different places mostly in the USA, but also around the world (military), & w/the exception of water in a California mountain cabin, I have NEVER liked the taste of water, not even bottled/filtered. Don't like to drink it, & when I have to, I chug it like medicine. So I drink slightly sweetened ice tea to stay hydrated. Yes, I'm like the little girl, Bo, in Mel Gibson's movie "Signs." So I've admitted it...am I crazy, or are there more of you like me? :-)

... what?

it... it has no taste... it's just water... i ... :huh:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Water is tasteless. You're imagining things. Gustatory hallucination.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I hate water! It's horrible. I totally agree with you. I only drink it at the gym for rehydration but I can't stand it! I tend to tint the taste of mine with no added sugar squash!

Everyone might think you're crazy - and me too now - but I am right there with you. WATER IS HORRIBLE!!

Ax
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Water is fine...air I detest.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of water so I only drink it in the form of coffee or tea and, of course, there is a lot of water in the foods we eat anyway. Been doing it this way for most of my life. :smile:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I hate water! It's horrible. I totally agree with you. I only drink it at the gym for rehydration but I can't stand it! I tend to tint the taste of mine with no added sugar squash!

Everyone might think you're crazy - and me too now - but I am right there with you. WATER IS HORRIBLE!!

Ax

Are you perhaps getting it from the toilet?
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well, in all fairness, water does have different tastes. Otherwise there wouldn't be articles on the "best" bottled water. Also if anyone's ever lived near the ocean, as well as other places, they can tell you water can have different tastes. I just seem to not like any of them.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I love an ice cold glass of water right when I wake up. It's so refrseshing for my mouth.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    add coffee to it! XD
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Ax

Wait...

Where are you supposed to get it from?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Some of us are very sensitive to mineral tatses especially chlorine which frankly tastes like a male body secretion :sick: I've been told I'm weird on this one for sure.

I can only drink filtered water. Ice even leaves a residual taste that I sometimes cant stomach, but with with that being said I keep a 100oz Big Gulp filled with water every day. I use a ton of filtered ice and I put a decaf tea bag in mine to steep which has enough tannins in it to cover the taste.

You're not alone, but it is possible to drink your water you just have to get creative.
  • ameliaannakin
    Options

Ax

From a bottle... it's just horrible though. I think my problem is that it is tasteless! I need flavour!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Well, in all fairness, water does have different tastes. Otherwise there wouldn't be articles on the "best" bottled water. Also if anyone's ever lived near the ocean, as well as other places, they can tell you water can have different tastes. I just seem to not like any of them.
    You're not supposed to drink saltwater.
  • ameliaannakin
    Options

Ax

Wait...

Where are you supposed to get it from?

Hahaha!
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    add coffee to it! XD

This exactly! Is there any other way to drink it?
  • AskTheStorm
    Options
    I drink about 4 liters a day. I'm in Oregon, though, and we have great tasting water compared to other states I've tried some water in :P
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Ax

From a bottle... it's just horrible though. I think my problem is that it is tasteless! I need flavour!

I can help ya with that....

crystal light?