Reversing the effects of junk food?

Options
I used to be a healthy eater. I can't remember ever really craving junk food much or choosing junk food over veggies and fruits. For the past few months though I've completely fallen off the healthy wagon. I eat anything I want (typically chocolate, cookies, ice cream) and I typically overeat on it too. I've gotten addicted to overindulging on bad foods :( I'd like to get back into healthy eating again.

What can I eat to clear out my system?? I don't want to do any sort of water/juice fast because I work in a hectic environment where I'm power walking for eight hours a day, so I need energy.

If I eat plenty of egg whites, fruits, and veggies, will that clear out the sugar and processed junk food? I get that "bleh" feeling from eating crap, I miss feeling good!

Replies

• thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just poop.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy protien rich diet... forget the fasts and "juicing" cleanses.. they are not healthy and will not "reverse" the effects only time and healthy eating witll do that. Be kind to yourself..and start.. you will feel better in a short time.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My doctor always told me to eat two prunes daily...they are loaded with fiber which is filling and healthy...and will help you eliminate the junk food in a timely manner...like the next morning. Hope you find relief from the blah feelings...good luck. But, also drink water when you increase your fiber content.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a veggie day or two depending on how I feel.