Hypothetical 12,000 Calorie Meal

Options
124»

Replies

• ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You've got to be referring to Shady Maple!

Ah, didn't see that you already said this. Yeah it's definitely got to be shady maple!

I thought the exact same thing. First thing i did was check to see where the poster is from. Sure enough, Lancaster county. We love to eat here.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Who would eat 12,000 calories in a meal?? Or even a day?? How is that even possible?

I have a friend that is a professional body builder, he regularly eats a ten thousand calorie breakfast.

I'm kind of impressed.
    I felt sick today after eating a 1000 calorie breakfast.
  • likepepsicola
    Options
    Hypothetically if I got to eat 12,000 calories without getting sick or gaining weight I would make 2 ice cream cakes, a crap-ton of steak, a basket of blueberry muffins, a pan of chicken alfredo, a large, meat lovers pizza from pizza hut, Mcdonalds breakfast burritos with an oreo concrete mixer, and a giant lollipop.

I don't know how many calories that comes out to, but it's all my favorite food I can think of.

A LOLLIPOP THOUGH?
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hypothetically if I got to eat 12,000 calories without getting sick or gaining weight I would make 2 ice cream cakes, a crap-ton of steak, a basket of blueberry muffins, a pan of chicken alfredo, a large, meat lovers pizza from pizza hut, Mcdonalds breakfast burritos with an oreo concrete mixer, and a giant lollipop.

I don't know how many calories that comes out to, but it's all my favorite food I can think of.

A LOLLIPOP THOUGH?

Yes, a 500 calorie lollipop (=
  • likepepsicola
    Options

A LOLLIPOP THOUGH?

Yes, a 500 calorie lollipop (=

tumblr_lskbwzmwoH1r2z7xao1_400.jpg

I guess it does look kind of good, but I can't imagine blowing (lololol) 500 calories on a lollipop.
  • proctor78
    proctor78 Posts: 51
    Options
    A co-worker and myself (both losing with MFP) were just discussing this and I would like any opinions or hard data that anyone may offer.

We have a local smorgasbord (All you can eat buffet) that is legendary. People come from 100's of miles around to eat there. To sit in the lobby and watch the number of obese people coming and going is enough to make you sick without eating anything. The local ambulance crew says that they should set up an auxiliary post in their parking lot due to the number of calls they get and I'm not kidding about that! As locals we can't stand the place but most of us go once or twice a year because they host a LOT of business functions and...

they offer a free meal on your Birthday. This is a value of $20-$30 depending on the day of the week.

So here is what we were discussing:

Suppose you say you are going full out crazy on your Birthday. You are going to get your free meal and you are going to eat absolutely anything and everything and as much as you possibly can. There is no time limit for guests.

What is the maximum amount of calories that your body can/will process from this meal? Is there a maximum? What effect will this have on you if you go right back to your healthy eating the next day?

We are NOT planning on doing this, it's just a discussion.

I argued that there comes a point that your body can't process anymore and it will pass through unprocessed. He said a calorie is a calorie and this will negate 3 weeks of healthy eating.

Opinions?

How rude to come on here and say obese people make you sick.........
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My math may be wrong I think it works out to 9 cups of peanutbutter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Who would eat 12,000 calories in a meal?? Or even a day?? How is that even possible?
    Michael Phelps has eaten 10,000 calories in a day several times. A 2000 calorie pizza can be added.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • likepepsicola
    Options
    My math may be wrong I think it works out to 9 cups of peanutbutter.

1 cup = 16 tablespoons
    1 tbsp of pb = 100 calories
    16 tbsp/1 cup of pb = 1600 calories
    12,000 calories/1600 = 7.5 cups

I think that might literally cause a stomach blockage.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    So if you have a high TDEE and eat 12,000 calories, You might gain 2 to 3 pounds of fat?
    It's wild, but makes sense.
    It seems like to lose those 3500 calories per pound, you would need to eat healthy again for three weeks or so. It would therefor undo three weeks of healthy weight loss (if you were losing a pound a week).
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Last birthday I ate 13,500 calories. That was a fun day. Only got 8 more weeks till the next one.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    How rude to come on here and say obese people make you sick.........

This thread is old but as the OP, please read it as I explained myself. It's not the obese people, it is watching what they are doing to themselves...