Are you comfortable with being "thick"?

Options
I'm pear shaped and wide hiped with tons of curves. I've finally gotten used to being refered to to as "thick" in a good way. My boyfriend constantly tells me that he would hate to have a girl with tiny little legs and no *kitten*, so that is really encouraging as well. Plus I do see waaaaay more positive reinforcement for curves lately. I wanted to know what you "think" or curvy ladies thought about it and if you're compfortable being that way? What ways do you keep your figure so fine and what problems do you have?

Add me :)

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but, , , know this... Scrawny, spindly, skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive. Just tellin' you, embrace your "thickness". Stay healthy, eat right, exercise. Live long & prosper. Sage advice from a wise old man.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    No, not comfortable. Trying to get there.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    It's the whole package together that makes someone attractive or unattractive.

Not there body type.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but, , , know this... Scrawny, spindly, skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive. Just tellin' you, embrace your "thickness". Stay healthy, eat right, exercise. Live long & prosper. Sage advice from a wise old man.

I don't think she's asking what men like...but hey, I could have read it wrong.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Nobody should be comfortable being stupid.

Encyclopaedia Britannica is available online for easy reference (http://www.britannica.com), and of course, there is always Wikipedia, though the scholarship of open-source material is always suspect.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and wide hiped with tons of curves. I've finally gotten used to being refered to to as "thick" in a good way. My boyfriend constantly tells me that he would hate to have a girl with tiny little legs and no *kitten*, so that is really encouraging as well. Plus I do see waaaaay more positive reinforcement for curves lately. I wanted to know what you "think" or curvy ladies thought about it and if you're compfortable being that way? What ways do you keep your figure so fine and what problems do you have?

Add me :)

I consider myself to be thick and I'm comfortable with it as long as that thickness is mostly muscle and not too too much fat. When I'm thick and soft I cease to be comfortable with it but if I'm thick and firm then that's alright with me. All I need it the approval of myself (maybe my husband too); I don't really care what other people think of how I look.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm pretty happy being me. I don't care if I'm never "thin".
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I don't think I know what thick means, really. Does it equal fat + curvy? Or athletic + curvy? or just slightly overweight? stocky??

IDGI.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    First, and this is very very important:

THERE IS NO NEED TO TEAR DOWN OTHER BODY TYPES IN ORDER TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR OWN.

But yes, I' conformable with and like my body type. I have big hips, broad shoulders, a wide rib cage and big legs and rear.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

A. No one asked you.

B. Why insult thin women?
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    In for thick girls!!!!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    It's the whole package together that makes someone attractive or unattractive.

Not there body type.

This.

OP: Don't measure your own body confidence based on what others find attractive. Be the person you want to be and you'll find people who find that attractive. I'm also rather "thick". I have a large butt and wide hips. It's just how I am, and I'm okay with it.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    If I'm on top and I'm scared that she's going to break then she's probably could use some extra lbs.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    ...there is always Wikipedia, though the scholarship of open-source material is always suspect.

Wikipedia should be fine. I only let my toddler nephews update a few topics when I babysit, and only topics on which they have extensive knowledge. Like dinasours and aqua doodle.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    BUMP. As in bump the thick girls :) Just sayin'.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    No... :cry: Always wanted to be slim....
  • SpiffyEpiphany
    SpiffyEpiphany Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel like society today has a warped view on what "thick" actually is. I'm currently thick with a little extra on the waistline ( I guess.. :|). I have good days where I think I'm the bomb, and other days I'm a "grenade" (sorry, I can't resist puns).

Honestly, I feel like I'm gonna be the happiest person on the planet when I lose my spare tire and I'm truly considered thick.
  • killthemuse
    Options
    No, not a bit. It always feels like a back-handed compliment. But learning to like yourself is a wretched battle.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I'm only thick where it matters!
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Nobody should be comfortable being stupid.

Encyclopaedia Britannica is available online for easy reference (http://www.britannica.com), and of course, there is always Wikipedia, though the scholarship of open-source material is always suspect.

:laugh: