Are you comfortable with being "thick"?

Options

Replies

• kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The whole reason I am on this journey is to become more healthy!

I love my curves and my femininity! I want to remain the same sexy me just a bit smaller and healthier!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If someone called me thick I would beat the hell out of him. Or my friends would.

Is 'juicy' any better? :laugh:
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with myself as a person but when it comes to my shape and size I am not comfortable nor okay with it, I notice the effects it has on my health, I've had problems with my knees for a while now, and my stomach makes me feel completely uncomfortable. I want to be curvy, but not obese.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If someone called me thick I would beat the hell out of him. Or my friends would.

Is 'juicy' any better? :laugh:

"Juicy" sounds like she may need to be tested for something. :sick:
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    <---pear shape, thick thighs and a big butt. I have a love/hate relationship with my bottom half, but I'm getting better.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight a few years ago and a guy I worked with noticed, he said: "Better not lose any more, you know, a man needs something to hang on to"
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No, not at all and that's why I am on this website. I don't care what "99% of men" prefer, as one poster says with so much research...

This is for me. And really guy, there is no reason to throw in the body bashing comments.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I think "thick" is kind of a negative word for curvy. I love my curves but don't consider myself thick at all. I've lost 40 pounds so far and thank goodness I've kept my butt and my boobs. I went clothes shopping today (nothing from last summer will fit!! Hooray!!!!) and found some really cute outfits that looked great on my curves. We need to embrace our bodies, no matter what shape! Our true beauty comes from within anyway.
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but, , , know this... Scrawny, spindly, skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive. Just tellin' you, embrace your "thickness". Stay healthy, eat right, exercise. Live long & prosper. Sage advice from a wise old man.

A. No one asked you.

B. Why insult thin women?

this

and to the question

no :p which is why i dont want to be "thick"
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but, , , know this... Scrawny, spindly, skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive. Just tellin' you, embrace your "thickness". Stay healthy, eat right, exercise. Live long & prosper. Sage advice from a wise old man.

Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but.... know this.... people like you disgust me, and no one finds body shaming attractive.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight this guy was all "daammmnnn gurl i like dat thickness" And. I'm not saying I wore his face as a hat while wielding a chainsaw, but i was a bit miffed... Even uppity...
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm thick, my personality is thicker.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I like my figure! I like my shape! Pear Hourglass: 50-39-56, 5'7", waist to hip ratio .7. Trying to reduce it, but I definitely want to keep the proportions the same and want to have meat on my bones. I'd prefer to keep womanly curves. I'm not saying other body types are unattractive, but I appreciate the one I've got. I never aspire to be slim or slender.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I am comfortable with my curves....I love having big boobs! Neither I nor my hubby wants me to lose them lol! When I am thin...I love my shape! Not so much right now since I am shaped more like a blob.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I have always felt bad for these women in fashion shows and magazines. They are just unable to find a man. Poor Miranda Kerr.

(Adding in a JK since sometimes when I think my sarcasm or humor is obvious I still end up insulting or offending someone.)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    FACT: Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I have always been a little 'thick' in the waist, and it drives me nuts. Even when I am at my thinnest, I have a thick waist. The first place I lose is in my hips and legs. It would be nice if for once, before I die, I could have a cute little hourglass figure. But I guess the only way I could get that is with the help of a good plastic surgeon.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am also very much pear shaped and I am still not comfortable with it but I realize that I will always have curves because that's just my shape. However, I know I would benefit from losing a few pounds to be a lot healthier and happier. I'll still be pear shaped, just more toned (or at least that's my goal) :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    FACT: Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked.

Luckily, the above statements are not either or, and they aren't even exclusive to women but can even be applied to men too. You can be skinny and fit. You can be skinny and not fit but still look good naked. You can be fit but not skinny and look awesome in clothing. Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. Make sure you are beheld by someone worthy of your time and attention.

(Some people tell me to "Please, go eat lunch. You need to eat some meat and get some meat on your bones." Even my doctor has been expressing concern about my appearance, based on seeing me dressed, and then expressed surprise at my actual weight and that it was quite healthy, solidly in the 22 BMI at the time. My BMI fluctuates between the 20's and the 23's, and people make the same comments to me either way. I'm happiest with a BMI in the 19's, both thin and fit, and that's where my husband seems to make the most positive comments. He has no freaking idea what a BMI in the 19's or the 23's means.)
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I considered myself thick here: (5'4 and 125)

33350572_8969.jpg
    33350572_3046.jpg

Now I just consider myself fat: (5'4 and 155)

33350572_6597.jpg
    33350572_35.jpg

I'd like to be skinny. I mean sure skinny with some muscle. But I'd be happy at just really skinny.

My ideal look is this.. : (not me, just a pic) and I'm not sure if you'd consider it thick or skinny or whatever, I guess it's person by person interpretation. (I don't want a 6-pack or a bulging bicep, but tone looks lovely, plus I do like to be active just not so into weights)

33350572_2896.jpg