Dance Dance Revolution?

Options
Anyone else love this game?

Im sure its been discussed here before, but does anyone wanna start a weekly challenge involving workout mode?
We could set weekly goals, discuss favorite songs, etc.

Ive been playing every day this week and burning between 250 and 300 calories. At least, according to the game...but I do a lot of un-needed movement between arrows and such for some bonus burn.

And who doesnt love the music on that game?? lol

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Addicted and used to be in tournaments all the time ... Fave Song 'Just Dance' Jamiriquoa ..

I moved into an apartment on the third floor in October, and the people downstairs hate me ... I cannot play anymore!!!!!

I have three dance pads and every game made for Xbox360 sitting in my coset! *sniff* I miss my DDR!!!!!
  • Serenifly
    Options
    i also do squats and lunches between songs :D
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!

I've been playing it a lot as of lately. DDR kicks Wii Fit out of the park, pretty much :)
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I LOVE DDR. I have one and two and actually went out last night and bought three. I haven't played it yet, but am going to do it tonight. I would totally be in for a weekly challenge! :) Great idea :)
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ha... my boyfriend actually got me two games and two pads for Christmas....

When I first got them, I played every night for about 2 weeks. He played at first. Maybe I need to pull them back out tonight :D
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Addicted and used to be in tournaments all the time ... Fave Song 'Just Dance' Jamiriquoa ..

I moved into an apartment on the third floor in October, and the people downstairs hate me ... I cannot play anymore!!!!!

I have three dance pads and every game made for Xbox360 sitting in my coset! *sniff* I miss my DDR!!!!!
    \me anmoved into a house with a full basement purely so we could play DDR and Guitar Hero as much/as loud as we wanted LOL
    Sorry to hear youre missin your ddr time ! :[
    ha... my boyfriend actually got me two games and two pads for Christmas....

When I first got them, I played every night for about 2 weeks. He played at first. Maybe I need to pull them back out tonight :D
    do it! workout mode is the best. you cant fail on songs and if you hit random arrows in down time (or cuz you realize you cant do the song you picked) it counts those calories as well!

I have DDR Max/Max 2, Extreme/Extreme 2, and Supernova. I think that may be all. Im bad at memorizing the names lol
  • Jovialation
    Options
    question for everyone --

do you tend to "jump" from arrow to arrow when theyre moving quickly, or do you more tend to "walk" around the dance pad?
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    question for everyone --

do you tend to "jump" from arrow to arrow when theyre moving quickly, or do you more tend to "walk" around the dance pad?

I jump. And when it is going slow I just tap.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    same here, but when i see people playin on machines that are really good it seems like most tend to walk or run around the pad. i find jumping around more fun tho, lol
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking of giving the DDR dance mats to a neighbor with little kids but now maybe I will give it a shot, my kids loved it!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    same here, but when i see people playin on machines that are really good it seems like most tend to walk or run around the pad. i find jumping around more fun tho, lol

Yep! I jump, wiggle, shake, and do everything. This keeps my boyfriend off his guard too! One time he got so frustrated that he said something along the lines of "Stop dancing and just play the game, you are only doing that to distract me. Otherwise I would get a better score than you" ha.... such a man's response.

Most of the time he does get a better score than me though... He is better at the streaks where as I get more moves right.... And why does he end up with a better grade? I dont know!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    its definitely worth starting! especially when you have that moment of "wait I can play this on a harder level now!"
  • Serenifly
    Options
    question for everyone --

i keep my feet on the last arrow, then proceed to the next, I never go back to center! if you do that break your habbit or it'll be harder to go to an advanced level ... I find myself 'walk' ing in songs that have tons of arrows ... keep me feet low tot he ground, not enough time to get to the next arrow if your hopping :) But on songs with less arrows that I know well, then i can really groove and mess around with the pads
  • Jovialation
    Options
    see, if I try to do that method I just end up losing track of the screen for some odd reason. I have better luck like run-hopping around the matt than if i keep my foot on the last arrow and move from there. or I lose my balance if I try the other way.

Id def be the type to get called a bar hugger when playing a machine, lol
  • Serenifly
    Options
    haha bar hugggers! THOSE GUYS ARE CHEATERS! lol

lol just kidding .. but seriously bar hugging makes your feet move faster, but not a 'work out' that's for sure ! once you get to know a song really well, try to get the keeping your feet on the last note thing ... for 1 it gets you way more familiar with the mat! and it will be easier to advance to the next difficulty ... lol K I sound like a total geek now ... Ive been an avid gamer for the past 13 years, and have every console known to man ...

I now only play first person shooter games

/geekiness
  • Jovialation
    Options
    lol its ok Im a total gamer nerd too. If I had a machine at home I wouldnt bar hug cuz Im goin for calories lost, not ability to finish a song...but if I play a song thats tough on a machine I end up using the bar quite a bit.

Ive been a gamer all my life (theres a pic of me at 3 yrs old in footie pj's passed out with a sega controller in my hand) and have pretty much every system known to man, too.
    (and all I play mostly these days is COD online)
  • Serenifly
    Options
    reaaaallllyyyyyyyy ... Very exciting!

I just finished Army of Two the 40th Day ... if you have a sig other I totally recomend it -100% co-op game play !!!! i finished all the COD's but still own them ... we should meet online, I stopped getting Xbox Live cuz after Halo I was sick of the Die/Spawn - that never seemed to end ! Kids are just too good these days! lol But i would concider getting it again to have someone to play with ! lol I still even play WORMS! haha that could be killer online too
  • Jovialation
    Options
    yeaI borrowed army of two from my little brother to play with my bf lol...still havent gotten around to it tho.

Im on xbox here and there to play modern warfare 2...a lot more recently too.
    if you do decide to get back online on xbox send me a request! my name there is the same as mine here :)

lately ive been all about MW2 and Peggle...mostly MW2 tho cuz my dad and bros play online a lot
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So Jovia what's the challenge? Any ideas?
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Well, I burn 300 calories a day when I play, but dont always play 5 days a week.
    Lets see....

I say the challenge this week is to burn 1200 calories. One days min calorie intake! lol