Can you keep your butt and lose weight??

Options

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Squats, yo

PYe8lZV.jpg

:laugh:
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said. Work dat *kitten*. Basically its impossible to control where your body loses fat. There is no such thing as spot reduction or gain. HOWEVER fat will seem to leave some area more as weight loss progresses. For example the last thing to go on the average male is the belly and with women its thighs/hips/*kitten*. Of course there are exceptions but its a general rule. It how you can see some girls with abs and still have junk in the trunk or a dude with nice arms chest and back but still have a belly.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Squats can keep your butt perky but it will not make it "bigger"
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    squats will definitely make your butt bigger. I used to not have one at all, and now it's a pretty decent one.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Squats! The difference of having a butt and having an *kitten*!:wink:
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    Options
    Now...if there was a way to keep ya boobs, that would be nice.

AMEN!
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    Haha probably... ????
    I talked with my personal trainer and he told me that if I wanted to lose it I should do squats...
    I feel like he wants me to keep it, according to you.. Haha

Get a new trainer.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My "fat" picture from two years ago is on the left. My "fully bulked" picture is on the right. In that 2 years I lost 20lbs (cut)... gained 15lbs (bulked)... lost 12lbs (cut)... and gained 28lbs (bulked... as seen in the picture).

8457336584_079d4ab0f8.jpg

^^food + squats and deadlifts.

Here is a more recent shot...

8569734418_ddaf730bc0.jpg

.... I started cutting 5 weeks ago and am already down 10lbs. 10-12 more to go...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    If your butt is mostly fat and you lose weight WITHOUT lifting weights..... YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BUTT!

However, if you lift while you lose, you WILL keep, or possibly create a nice round booty that everyone will look at and probably want to touch.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    My "fat" picture from two years ago is on the left. My "fully bulked" picture is on the right. In that 2 years I lost 20lbs (cut)... gained 15lbs (bulked)... lost 12lbs (cut)... and gained 28lbs (bulked... as seen in the picture).

8457336584_079d4ab0f8.jpg

^^food + squats and deadlifts.

Here is a more recent shot...

8569734418_ddaf730bc0.jpg

.... I started cutting 5 weeks ago and am already down 10lbs. 10-12 more to go...

Omg, this asspiration. You look amazing! :love:
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ok I know what a squat is but what the hell is a dead lift? My butt is still nice and round but once I start losing the fat in my lower body I know it will shrink. so this is a great thread!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ok I know what a squat is but what the hell is a dead lift? My butt is still nice and round but once I start losing the fat in my lower body I know it will shrink. so this is a great thread!

I do summo (wide stance) deadlifts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YJESSDNZ2Q

and box squats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smo3shNhBmk

Other posterior chain exercises...

Stiff-legged deadlifts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa65umvupCE

Good mornings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCfkLZreScs

Glute-ham raises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTNSNylBz4
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Long story short : yes

I forget how much weight I had lost in this photo. I am down 110lbs from my HW and I definitely Still have a bum

Squats
    lunges
    leg press
    stepper machine
    Running /Walking

2011-11-03200214.jpg
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    Cause Stephanie posted a bunch of variations but not the basic "conventional" deadlift:

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-deadlift-with-proper-technique/
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    Am I the only one who actually wants a smaller one? ????
    Haha
    no, you're not. haha.

like everyone else said, weighed squats and deadlifts are good for building the glutes
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, squats, lunges...with added weight!

Choose a weight that's challenging, and work towards increasing it over time. Exercises with your own bodyweight (many people just do BW squats for example) will only do so much.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Squats can keep your butt perky but it will not make it "bigger"

If you eat to support muscle growth, then yes you can definitely make it bigger. Your glutes (butt) are muscles just like your other muscle groups.

If you are eating in a deficit, it's doubtful that it will grow, but if you already have a decent sized butt, unless it's mostly fat you can maintain the perkiness/size of it by exercising that area (squats, deadlifts, lunges..etc)
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If your butt is mostly fat and you lose weight WITHOUT lifting weights..... YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BUTT!

However, if you lift while you lose, you WILL keep, or possibly create a nice round booty that everyone will look at and probably want to touch.

Just give them a photo
  • mosertheninja
    mosertheninja Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Squats girl. Squats. I love my butt and was also scared I was going to lose it. But now I have a shapley *kitten*, not a big *kitten*.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats, lunges, deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts, glute bridges, kettlebell swings, etc.