Do you track your food on the weekends?

Options
Once in a while, I'll have one of those days FILLED with temptations, and while I am normally very strict about what I eat and make sure to exercise a ton, I tend to give in about a couple times a month. And when I give in, I GIVE IN. But unfortunately, I end up feeling extremely guilty for a couple days afterwards, and I just totally put myself down:( Even when I do have room for it, I feel guilty eating that cookie, or that steak. How about you? Do you feel it's best to just not log in on the weekends but just watch what you eat to some extent?

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I log on the weekends every weekend. If I'm not doing well, I need to know what happened so I can adjust. Besides, I generally get in a BIG run on one of the days so I can indulge anyway, at least one of those days...
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Nope. I log on weekends-- even when I don't necessarily have awesome food days.

But then, I also pay more attention to my weekly average calories rather than my daily calories. Maybe that will help you alleviate some guilt.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I log everything all of the time. Even if I go over or don't pay attention to my nutrients one day, I want to know how often that happens when I look back over my report. One day doesn't mean much in the big picture; trends are what matters in the long run.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I log every bite-good, bad, ugly, weekday, weekend, holiday, everyday. I have to. I suck at arithmetic when I write it down, and suck at remembering even more. Even on days when I'm eating good things and not splurging, I can go over without even trying. But I don't feel guilty about food. It's food and it's tasty. Having a record of everything helps me make better choices more often and helps me realize the "damage" on days I splurge. I tend to look at things over a weekly average anyway.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    I log the weekend food...generally I have more time for exercise on the weekends so I don't usually go over even if I splurge :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging on weekends and holidays after I hit my goal weight. I eat a little bit under my TDEE M-F to allow for splurges on the weekends. It helps keep me sane because I really don't like logging every bite.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I log all the time. If I am going out for a meal on a weekend, I tend to log what I will be eating ahead so I know how many calories I have left for the end of the day. If I do go over though, I don't get too upset about it. I just work extra mega hard at the gym for a few days after!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I log in on the weekends, but don't track.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Log it. Don't feel guilty about having dessert once in awhile, that's one reason we workout, right? Create a larger calorie deficit so you can indulge occasionally.

Heck, if I don't have a little dark chocolate every day, I'm afraid of what might happen!:explode:

Steak is good for you!!! Not an indulgence at all, please don't feel guilty about steak.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I log, but then, I don't actually feel guilty, either. Sometimes I learn that what felt like a splurge actually fits in my goals. Otherwise, I just recognize that those choices will not move me in the direction I want to be moving. I have probably only gone over maintenance twice in three months, so I am still going in the right general direction!

I am in this for the long haul. It will probably take me at least a year to reach my goals, and then I hope to maintain for another 40-50 years. I will not be perfect for the next 50 years, I just take it one day at a time.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I log it all, I tend to 'run lean' during the working week so weekends are my chance to eat a bit more a make sure I'm not overdoing it.
  • 50Mimmy
    50Mimmy Posts: 15
    Options
    I log. The weekends are my worst food temptation days. I could easily go crazy and ruin my whole week, if I close my eyes for what I eat in the weekends.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Usually do
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I always log. Yesterday I ate fish and chips which I haven't done for months. We were on a family outing and I decided to eat it instead of something healthier. I even took my scales to weigh it so I could log it properly! ☺
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    I don't log on days that I don't work, which is Sundays, and whatever day I'm off during the week (I work Saturdays). It's not because I'm completely blowing my calories, I just rest a lot on my days off and I don't want to have to think about logging food.
  • aas1277
    aas1277 Posts: 67
    Options
    I log Everyday even if we go out to dinner or go to a party. Try to estimate what I am eating even if it means I'm in the red
  • crl115
    crl115 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I log every day. I log and estimate if I'm out of the house (friend's place, restaurant, meal at work that I didn't make, CAR, etc.)

If I hit a stall i my weight loss I need the record to know what I've been doing.

The more honest I've been, the better off I've been.

I have a copy of the app on my phone, ipad, and use the website on my home computer so I don't have an excuse NOT to since I always have at least 1 at hand.
  • aas1277
    aas1277 Posts: 67
    Options
    I log every day. I log and estimate if I'm out of the house (friend's place, restaurant, meal at work that I didn't make, CAR, etc.)

If I hit a stall i my weight loss I need the record to know what I've been doing.

The more honest I've been, the better off I've been.

I have a copy of the app on my phone, ipad, and use the website on my home computer so I don't have an excuse NOT to since I always have at least 1 at hand.

Me too and I'm always looking at labels at peoples houses.....if I go to a chain restaurant I check out the menu online and look up the nutritional info beforehand so I know what are healthy choices to order
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log Sat and sometimes not Sun either but I have a good idea where I am at. Sometimes I eat a bunch on Sat and have beer but my long run on Sun usually evens it out so I still lose. In my younger dieting days I was very strict and felt guilty anytime I went over. Completely useless emotion that didn't keep me from gaining weight back. BUT do what works for you. If you have a hard time getting back on track after the weekend then log. Try not to feel guilty for the occasional treat. It sets you up for all or nothing thinking that for me just leads to weight gain.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    cyah - because they're also days where i eat food.