Replies

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?
  • aylabradshaw
    aylabradshaw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS log! Even if you're splurging and going over! It'll resist the urge to "sneak" a snack here and there. The only times I haven't logged this past year were Christmas, Thanksgiving, and a couple days here and there after my Grandma died. Don't beat yourself up and let it take away from your ultimate goal. No one is perfect and who can deny, food is yummy! Just overweigh the good vs. bad, stay active, and you'll do great!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Yes, the rest of my life doesn't screech to a halt at the weekend so why should my diet or fitness?
    I am more likely to have a "if it fits your macros" day on the weekend where I eat what I like providing it fits into may calories and carbs/fat/protein goals.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I long my food on weekends! And holidays. And birthday. Ans anniversary. And we'll...everyday! Regardless of how it went.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If I bite it, I write it--every.single.day.of.every.week.of.every.month.of.every.year. :drinker:
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat.

I look at it more as data collection and don't assign any guilt to it.

If I am accurately logging everything I eat, I can accurately determine my TDEE when I hit maintenance. I go over some days and go under other days. As I go along, I don't pay as much attention to my daily calories as my weekly calories.

If I ever have any snags or slow weeks (wrt weight loss) I can just go back and look and see that maybe my calories were higher that week (or the week before, or the entire month). If I don't log, how could I know. Then it would just be a mystery as to why my weight seemed stalled or slower than usual. For me, knowledge demystifies weight loss. Hiding things from myself only serves to make this journey a mystery and that leaves me feeling unsettled.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Every day, 425 days that I have been on MFP!! :bigsmile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat.

I look at it more as data collection and don't assign any guilt to it.

If I am accurately logging everything I eat, I can accurately determine my TDEE when I hit maintenance. I go over some days and go under other days. As I go along, I don't pay as much attention to my daily calories as my weekly calories.
    If I ever have any snags or slow weeks (wrt weight loss) I can just go back and look and see that maybe my calories were higher that week (or the week before, or the entire month). If I don't log, how could I know. Then it would just be a mystery as to why my weight seemed stalled or slower than usual. For me, knowledge demystifies weight loss. Hiding things from myself only serves to make this journey a mystery and that leaves me feeling unsettled.

Perfect post.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I log every day even if I go to a restaurant that is a local joint. I just try to be as accurate as I can. I also have a treat if there is room in my diary for it.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I log every day. And I am prepared to do that for the rest of my life. I need to hold myself accountable.
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. Its very important for me to see why I would or wouldnt be dropping and I'm in it for the long haul! I do have those few treat times but I am still aware of what im eating and dont just go overly crazy, I dont want to ruin all the work ive done. For me it isnt a diet per say but a change of life but I definately have a goal. I dont want to totally lose all control because when is it enough, and we have obviously come to this place for a reason. Remember its always easy to say tomorrow will be another day, but I think thats how weve gotten here. Cheers