Favourite exercise for toning legs/buns

Options
My cruise is soon and I am trying to tone as much as possible. What is your fave exercise for toning legs. I do strength training. Recently added in the 30 day shred as well.

Any tips?

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Squats.

Here endeth the lesson.
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't know what the exercise is called but you are on hands & knees and extend one leg out and do various moves with your extended leg like circles and lifts and such. Maybe someone else knows the name of this?
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges. I walk around the house doing lunges.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I find Pop Pilates videos are amazing for the lower body. Check out the videos on you youtube, they are seriously so good!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, wall sits
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Squats, split squats, butterfly squats, wide stance squats, close stance squats, single leg squats (this is really only safe with a good spot or a squat rack with a safety mechanism). I hate lunges with an undying passion (I think it's related to my multiple ankle surgeries) and split squats are the closest I get. But, lunges are really good for you as well.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo, or Gloria Kamils Body Basic Weight training video that one spends like 40 min almost on legs and they burn by the end of it. Or Bicycling
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    squats
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the exercise is called but you are on hands & knees and extend one leg out and do various moves with your extended leg like circles and lifts and such. Maybe someone else knows the name of this?

mountain climbers

do those, squats, lunges, step-ups.... guess so far I am doing what I should, just getting impatient.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Squats, dead lifts, hip thrusts, lunges, step ups. Enjoy your booty
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All of the above. Also, I've heard Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns & Thighs is pretty awesome. I'm going to try it, but haven't actually gotten a chance yet.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    What is "tone"? Squats, dead lifts, and straight leg dead lifts are exercises that target those muscles.
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options

mountain climbers

do those, squats, lunges, step-ups.... guess so far I am doing what I should, just getting impatient.

mountain climbers are good too!! Not what I was thinking of...I decided to not be lazy and do an internet search...I was thinking of kickbacks
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options

mountain climbers

mountain climbers are good too!! Not what I was thinking of...I decided to not be lazy and do an internet search...I was thinking of kickbacks

why not throw sume burpees in there too? :devil:
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges (front, back, side), and jump squats!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Wide stance deep squats, weight on the heels. Just found out I can do these without hurting my trashed knees. The next morning every muscle in my legs and butt were sore! But no pain in the knees. Yay!
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd rather do something than do exercises, so I'm learning renaissance period rapier fencing and with spring maybe finally here, I'm riding my horse again.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Squats. and a tardis

Here endeth the lesson.

now the lesson is complete
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bar Method! And squats. Lots of squats.
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love Ballet Barre exercise. They have really strengthened and toned up my lower body. :)