Target weight .. then what ?

Options
13»

Replies

• victorialkay
    Options
    Here's a question to everyone...

Let's say you reached you target weight. What then? Are you going to quit MFP? What things are you going to do that you are not doing currently?

For me, If I reach my target weight (65 Kgs), I would not totally quit MFP. I might just be anxiety-free from the (how-much-calories-in-that) thing, you know? I would eat freely and not worry that much. but would still exercise. I would maintain my healthier lifestyle just so I don't get back to what I was 8 months ago (106 kgs)

how about you?

if you relax you run the risk of putting weight back on. 12 years ago i hit my target weight and relaxed. before I knew it and with the constant undermining from my then girlfriend, , I gained 20 pounds in a matter of a a few months. . I thought I would not gain anymore, and I didn't for a few years. Then Slowly over a span of 12 years i accepted a few more pounds every few years and lo and behold I was about 70 or 80 pounds overweight again. And my GF and I were on the out about 40 pounds before that.

This time around I will not stop logging my food. I am committed to logging my food for a long time that I will measure in years. If I don't log it here I will log it somewhere. I will never go back to eating high calorie foods no matter how strange people think my diet is. I would rather lose a friend or a lover than change my dietary habits. So, whomever is in my life HAD BETTER BE SUPPORTIVE. No options there. this is my religion and my law.

If they are not supportive about something like you health then they are not the right person, for sure!!! Hope you find someone who will stand by you on your journey and maybe even join in with you!!!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight back in November of 2011. Continued to track for maintenance so I didn't regain the weight, and now I'm trying my hand at building muscle mass while trying to cut a bit of fat through bulking/cutting phases.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    I've hit my target weight...and I have no intention of quitting MFP or stopping the daily log. Maintaining weight takes just as much time and attention as losing weight....if not more. I think that people always underestimate how difficult maintaining weight can be...and think that they don't need to be diligent about it. I think it's one of the many reasons why 90% of the people gain the weight back.

I've hit my target weight...so I've started transitioning...and have a maintenance plan in mind. I know if I don't plan my maintenance like I planned my weight loss...it won't be successful.

I think you're right.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll be maintaining two years in June. It's really no different than when I was losing, just with a little more calories to play with. And sometimes I take breaks from logging, and don't log on weekends or holidays. But overall, it's the same. Still gotta pay attention to what I eat, still gotta exercise.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    while some may prefer maintenance, I prefer goals.. keeps me dedicated

:)
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    My goal was to get to a point I could sustain a healthy loss without logging food the rest of my life. .

Change in lifestyle. You're right
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It is called my FITNESS pal for a reason, not just about weight loss/gain, food and maintenance is it?

This!!

Weight loss was only one of my goals, still working on strength, fitness and body composition goals.

Agreed x 3

I hit my target weight back in 2005, and continue to work and progress towards new goals.

I still keep myself accountable and have been logging in a food log since this time. I don't log every single day anymore, but I still log 75% of my meals. I will never be a person who lets weight "creep back on". I've gained a few pounds here or there, but I always stop myself at 2-3 pounds (for example, a vacation or the holidays) and get right back on the wagon.

I agree keeping accountable is VERY important, as important to me as my workouts.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I hit my original goal and set a new one. (didn't meet that) but maintenance is hard. Harder than losing I feel. So I continue to log daily. Its so easy to out eat a good workout
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ive 4lbs to go till i get to my target weight and i wouldnt have acheived it without mfp and i will never be without this site, i will maintain and continue to log my food as i know i wont stick to it otherwise and old habits would creep in, i would never have lost 3st without mfp and i will stay continually faithful lol :)
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    Here's a question to everyone...

Let's say you reached you target weight. What then? Are you going to quit MFP? What things are you going to do that you are not doing currently?

For me, If I reach my target weight (65 Kgs), I would not totally quit MFP. I might just be anxiety-free from the (how-much-calories-in-that) thing, you know? I would eat freely and not worry that much. but would still exercise. I would maintain my healthier lifestyle just so I don't get back to what I was 8 months ago (106 kgs)

how about you?

if you relax you run the risk of putting weight back on. 12 years ago i hit my target weight and relaxed. before I knew it and with the constant undermining from my then girlfriend, , I gained 20 pounds in a matter of a a few months. . I thought I would not gain anymore, and I didn't for a few years. Then Slowly over a span of 12 years i accepted a few more pounds every few years and lo and behold I was about 70 or 80 pounds overweight again. And my GF and I were on the out about 40 pounds before that.

This time around I will not stop logging my food. I am committed to logging my food for a long time that I will measure in years. If I don't log it here I will log it somewhere. I will never go back to eating high calorie foods no matter how strange people think my diet is. I would rather lose a friend or a lover than change my dietary habits. So, whomever is in my life HAD BETTER BE SUPPORTIVE. No options there. this is my religion and my law.

Wow! Shouldn't relax then!
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    Maintain and suffer for the rest of your life!

Oops!
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    I reached my goal weight back in November of 2011. Continued to track for maintenance so I didn't regain the weight, and now I'm trying my hand at building muscle mass while trying to cut a bit of fat through bulking/cutting phases.

Nov 2011? That's so motivating
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight with low body fat a year ago and found that I didn't have the body composition that I wanted. The endless cardio wasn't getting me where I wanted to be. So, I set some new goals and are working toward those. I've gained weight strength training but am not worried about it. I'm seeing results. I also have running goals and I still log my food every day (OK, most days) If I don't log on long run days it would probably be pretty easy to put down 5000 calories, that's how hungry I am. Setting goals for me keeps me motivated and moving forward. I don't want to get complacent and grow out of my clothes.