30 Day Shred May 1st-31st Challenge- Wanna join?

Options
Hi I am hopeing no one has done a challenge for May yet because I always end up missing them. So here it is: I want to challenge you to do Jullian Micheals 30 Day Shred from today May 1st till May31st and at the end post up If you lost anything, how much, Do you feel stronger, How did your endurance grow from day 1 to day 31. It doesn't matter whether you have to day1 of the program for the whole 30 days or if you can make it through the whole program.

ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? :devil: :happy: :tongue:

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 this morning...

I am not expecting to lose a ton of weight but I think I will do my starting measurements tomorrow when I get up and before I eat anything. I am hoping to see inches lost.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I'm doing day 4 of Level One today...and days one and two were brutal, but it really is getting easier to do. You work up quite a sweat!
    Good luck, I'll let you know how I do on level two when I get there.
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    I am in it.. Thanks.. I almost forgot that I had said I would start on the first of May.. I will do Jillian Michaels before my walk today.. ..
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I am also on day 4 Level 1 of the 30 day shred and I am feeling GREAT!!!
  • tamimicheledavis
    Options
    I just signed up on my fitness pal today so this will be a great start !
  • saraharmas
    saraharmas Posts: 2
    Options
    I'll do the challenge! Ive been doing the 30 day shred since January. I took a few weeks off and I am back on it again! started level 2 a few days ago. Im planning to do it for the next 30 days anyway!

Good luck everyone!!! :)
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Jerzeebabie04 Posts: 272
    Options
    I am definitely going to join this challenge. A few months back I was only working part-time and going to school full-time so I started the challenge. I did the whole 10 days of level 1 and started on level 2, which I messed up 1 of my knees somehow. Then I started working full-time, part-time, and going to school. I need to get back in shape and I actually miss doing the shred. It was tough, but it gave me energy and I began to feel great from it. After level 1 I could see results and I really loved that.

I want to finish the whole 30 days this time and I plan on doing it every day! I will start level Level 1 Day 1 tonight!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I will join!! I did my day 2 of level 1 today and can barely walk!! Haha. I am used to working out 5-6 days per week and have quite a harsh gym routine aswell as pole dancing and running so thought I'd find this quite easy.......I was soooooo wrong!! I'm already wondering how I will be able to do it in the morning!!

I'm hoping it will get easier, as when I started doing Tracey Andersons Mat Workout I found that hard at first and can now do it daily without it being too much of an ache the next day but still seeing results!

Good luck everyone! I will deffinately update every day :)
    -x-x-
  • coka1101
    coka1101 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey,

I just started level 1 yesterday for the first time ever. I must say it was a little difficult for me. The cardio was not a problem, I usually jog or speed walk 3 miles a day...so I was okay with that. I was combining the stregnth with it. My arms are sore today. I'm def. interested in joining to let you know the outcome after 30 days. So, Good luck to everyone!
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I would like to join if it's not too late. I am doing day 1 tonight after work.
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    I started yesterday, can I still join the challenge? :flowerforyou: I need support to keep my going, I am so sore today! :frown:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've started day 1 Level 1 a few times...but can barely walk the following day so I find it difficult to get more than 2 days in a week. I really need to challenge myself so this will be a great motivation tool. I plan on doing D1L1 this evening, and really forcing myself to get up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays to make sure I can get in a work out. (I work 15 hrs on T and R, so doing a workout AFTER work is impossible.) Thanks for the challenge!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    What's the 30 Day Shred Challenge?
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options

It's a workout by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. It's called the 30 day shred and you are supposed to be able to shed 20lbs in 30 days. There are 3 levels and you stay on each level for 10 days then move to the next. I love it!!! It's definatly a challenge but the more you do it the easier it gets!
  • lnhemerald
    lnhemerald Posts: 1
    Options
    I just ordered this dvd today so.............we will see
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options

It's a workout by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. It's called the 30 day shred and you are supposed to be able to shed 20lbs in 30 days. There are 3 levels and you stay on each level for 10 days then move to the next. I love it!!! It's definatly a challenge but the more you do it the easier it gets!

I just thought I'd say to all of you... do not get discouraged if you do not lose 20 lbs in 30 days. Especially if you are new to working out or rarely work out. I have never completed all 3 levels of the shred, but definitely plan to. I did finish level 1 and half of level 2 the last time I did it. In the beginning I was discouraged that I wasn't losing weight at all and a few of the people in the challenge with me said they were gaining. But believe me just doing 10 days of level 1 definitely made a difference. I lost inches and people could tell more than I thought. If you are not losing pounds do not worry, just keep pushing through the shred!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    So I didn't start the Shred this weekend, I did Level1Day1 today and boy I forgot how tough it could be. Of course it wasn't as bad as the first time I ever did it, but it wasn't as easy as when I had finished 10 days of level 1 thats for sure! I also forgot how much I missed it! I plan on weighing in and doing measurements in the morning, then on to day 2! Hope everyone is sticking with it... I promise if you stick with it you will see results!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    I am in so much pain today! :sad: My question is, should I workout tonight or let my body recover? This was the first time working out since March so every step hurts and lets not discuss actually going up and down the stairs! Yeah, I know I am whining.
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    i just completed day 1 level 1! WHOOT WHOOT!

I'm in if you'll have me :bigsmile:
  • sotonguetied
    Options
    hello everyone! =]

i'm a few days late on this, but i'm glad i came across this! i've had this dvd for a while and have never really done anything with it, and i was considering giving it a GO this month anyways, so finding this thread was kind of perfect =] i'm going to start doing this tomorrow, but i'm only going to do this workout every other day, to allow my muscles some time to rest and use the in-between days to get my cardio in at the gym. so i guess for me it will be more like the 14 day shred? lol.

anyways, i've always wanted to be nice and toned but have never quite gotten anywhere with that, so i'm hoping this will give me a nice start.

good luck everyone! happy shredding =]