30 Day Shred May 1st-31st Challenge- Wanna join?

Options

Replies

• p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well I managed my L1D4 yesterday with a hangover! It wasn't pleasant lol. But my body seems to be adapting as I'm not so sore today. I plan on doing my Day 5 later as I didn't have the energy to get up early this morning before work having had a horrible nights sleep :(

So I'm feeling quite positive about it - and doing it every day is getting easier, I'd deffinately recommend sticking with it every day as I think thats how you get the results. I am hoping my legs will be able to cope with a run or a gym visit alongside Level 1 of the shred soon as they have been a bit tender since Saturday!

Keep it up girls! :)
    -x-x-
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    Well I did L1D1 last night and my body is so sore this morning. But I am looking forward to doing day 2.
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    Is it just me, or does anyone else love the burn you get with the very last set of abs workout? I don't know, I think there is something about feeling the burn that just gives me an adrenaline rush!! Weird I know, but I love it! Day 5 here I come!
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    Today is L1D4. I have been having a great ride. But that Jillian I tell you she is killing me. I never broke a sweat working out. But Now I am all drenched by the time I finish. I am loving it. I am doing daily walks too on top of that.. Yesterday was 6 miles power walk.. Yayyy meee. I am planning to finish the 30 day shred in it's entirety. I am hoping to see the scale move in my direction.

My S.W is 200lbs.. We will see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kt2130
    kt2130 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started a bit late but I am in. I just finished L1D2 and I it was brutal. I thought I was in a little bit of shape but I guess not. I could barely walk this morning but actually feel better after doing day 2. I hope this gets easier.
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just went and got it last night.....I am a few days late...but I will be starting today!!!!!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I looked it up and I'm going to download the video to my computer tonight. Sounds like everyone's having good results. Starting a lil late but better late than never.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Finished D6L1 :) Feeling good!
  • Harper1984
    Options
    I used to be a runner (and A LOT better in shape!) and I just did L1D1....and my legs feel like jello, my heart is racing out of my chest, I had to stop multiple times........HOLY COW! I knew since I stopped running I was out of shape....but I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I did 20min of Jillian! Needless to say....I am embarrassed by how out of shape I am! Good thing I was home alone when I did it so nobody else had to whitness it!

Although I did have to laugh a little bit.....I couldn't find my resistance bands (which I keep at work...where I will be doing my working out).....and the cans of soup didn't feel like enough weight.....so I used full liquor bottles. HAHAHA!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I did L1 D1 today! I had to switch weights 1/2 way through. Started with 5lbs then went to 3lbs. I hope by day 7 I can use all 5lbs.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Although I did have to laugh a little bit.....I couldn't find my resistance bands (which I keep at work...where I will be doing my working out).....and the cans of soup didn't feel like enough weight.....so I used full liquor bottles. HAHAHA!

LMAO!!!! Holy Man I laughed out loud when I read that! You sound like me! Just make sure you're not sipping any when you bring the bottle up. Otherwise I'm sure Jillian gets a LOT more confusing!!! haha
  • Harper1984
    Options

LMAO!!!! Holy Man I laughed out loud when I read that! You sound like me! Just make sure you're not sipping any when you bring the bottle up. Otherwise I'm sure Jillian gets a LOT more confusing!!! haha

haha! Yeah I can't slip up since I'm a nanny and my boss would kill me if she came home to me drunk off her alcohol! But she did laugh pretty hard when I told her....then her husband told me where he had put my resistance bands. So tomorrow, the liquor will stay in the pantry!
  • sotonguetied
    Options
    did my L1 D1 this morning, and it hasn't been a full 24 hours yet but i am already feeling it in my legs. i'd say that's a pretty good sign =] i think when i do day 2 though i'm going to use different weights for different body parts. i felt my 3 pounders were too light for the back, biceps, and chest portions, so i think i'll use my 5 pounders for those and see how that goes =]
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Lol @ using the liquor bottles for weights! Well adapted haha!

Well I did my Day 5 last night and followed it by Tracey Andersons Mat Workout and then I got up this morning to do my Day 6 - maybe a bit close in time range? We will see how much I ache later as I'm at my pole dancing class too! (Although I have injured my finger so pole dancing might not be too vigorous for me!)

I'm glad to hear that others use different weights for different exercises, I feel like some I don't get enough out of even when using my heaviest weights but others I need my lesser weights (I'm not even sure of the weight amount that I'm using!)

Got to say that now I'm over halfway through Level 1 I am kind of looking forwards to Level 2!
    -x-x-
  • XcarlyX
    XcarlyX Posts: 26
    Options
    I just joined today and this would be a terrific start so I'm in...I gotta lose at least 40lbs by October anyway. Hope i can lose what i want i want by my deadline
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Completed my second workout with Jillian. I have to say I feel much better than I felt after the first workout. :happy: My arms feel a bit better than they felt before the workout so that is also good. Since I skipped a day does that start me back to D1L1 or do I add Sunday? I'm guessing it is only if you do it everyday but just wanted to make sure. :ohwell: Hope everyone has a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just finished D2L1 and I feel great! I did day one last night and struggled quite a bit but got through it w/out cheating and then thought, man, there's no way I can get up in the morning and do day 2 (I have an hour drive to work and have to be here at 7am so that puts me waking up at 4:30/4:45) but I did it! And actually have way more energy today at work than I would've had w/out it.

I think that even after just one day, today's workout was already a little easier, I had an easier time getting through it.

28 days to go, I'm pumped!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Did L1D1 yesterday and it's pretty tough. Especially the push ups. I've never had any upper body stength. I paused for a second a couple of times. I'll try to push through it today though. We'll see what happens.
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just joined myfitnesspal.com from Belgium. I have the Jillian Michaels dvd and I'll join in even if it's 5 days late. I bet Jillian will get us all in shape in no time!

Good luck to everyone, it is very encouraging to see the weight tickers and the progress you all make. Very motivating :)

1111650.png
  • ftondee
    ftondee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day today. How do are you adding this workout to your daily exercise. What would be its category? Just joined today!!