Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating Out

2»

Replies

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Nevermind ive googled it. Thanks to those of you who actually tried to help.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/desserts/low-calorie/desserts-under-250-calories/

You Googled? Instead of waiting around for everyone to do the Googling FOR you? What is this madness? :ohwell:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I prefer to eat out at home. Fewer calories and it improves my marriage.

: O ^^^ :laugh:

As far as the OP and question.....just try to pre-plan and stick with your plan. :smile:
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/desserts/low-calorie/desserts-under-250-calories/

You Googled? Instead of waiting around for everyone to do the Googling FOR you? What is this madness? :ohwell:

No i wanted tips off people who had eaten at certain restaurants and already knew. Anything on here virtually can be googled, so why have a forum at all? Look if you dont want to help why answer the thread at all. I only joined yesterday and am looking for some support and friendship. Im sorry if i have inconvenienced you
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

aren't you special.
  • ShoShoyi
    ShoShoyi Posts: 34 Member
    I feel like so far, everywhere I've looked, losing weight is basically about calories in vs calories out. That said, when eating out, you have a few options...you can save your calories and eat more at home by only ordering a salad OR, make the eating out occasion a treat and just eat below your alloted calories...of course, while you may enjoy that one meal with your 3 courses and a desert, that could end up being your only meal for the day if it ended up reaching your allowed calorie intake.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    I would suggest that you have 1 piece of Baked Alaska. That's 254 calories, 10g fat, 37g carbs, 5g protein, 59g cholesterol, and 139mg sodium. Yes, Baked Alaska.
  • charliemarie923
    I would suggest that you have 1 piece of Baked Alaska. That's 254 calories, 10g fat, 37g carbs, 5g protein, 59g cholesterol, and 139mg sodium. Yes, Baked Alaska.

Thankyou. I would never have thought of that.
    charlie
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    In to learn more about restaurant options in the UK that fit nicely into a 1200 calorie (24g sugar) plan.

(And also, for the inevitable "everyone on MFP is mean" thread.)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    whenever i used to go out when i was there, i'd lean towards steak with a baked potato. because that's an awesome meal and always tastes better from a pub than it does at home. I'd avoid the pastas because they're covered in gunk that you don't know what it is. and i'd enjoy a pudding too if i wanted it. you can add that up to be about 1000 cals or less, which is ok for eating a full meal at a restaurant.
    basically i'd look at the menu and try to eat as clean as possible. the other thing i like is thai food. generally pretty clean, fresh tasting and healthy. you can fill your boots with that stuff.
  • charliemarie923
    hi.
    What do you mean by 'clean food?'
  • charliemarie923
    Just been to the Pitch Sports Bar and Grill. The only friggin place in the whole of town with NO INFO on their menu either in the pub or on their website. Trust me!
    It has taken me over an hour and lots of estimating and guess work to sort everything out seperately.
    I had gammon steak, peas, mushrooms, egg and cajun wedges.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Anyone who tells you to Google something can go fly a kite. Part of the fun of a forum is for a sense of community and interaction with other humans.

I can't suggest any UK restaurants, but when it comes down to it- order the lean meats, grilled over fried, minimal sauces to cut calories- you know the drill.

OR you can do what I do- order what you want but only eat about half of it. Save the other half for dinner tomorrow.

You could also ask the server if they could recommend some healthier options.
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    well you dont really eat out to have meat and salad. I wanted someone to recommend something that i couldnt work out myself. For example if steak with peas and peppercorn sauce is low in salt but high in carbs. And which type of desserts have the least fat and calories. I dont find your reply very helpful at all.

I think what she was trying to say is that 'eating out' often is part of a lifestyle that leads to weight gain and will hamper your success. Splurging on a massive steak and chips at a pub once a week is fine, but doing it 'often' will definitely be a problem, no matter what healthy options there may be.

To be honest, I never go for a meal at a pub to eat healthy, it's not really worth the money if you're just getting some salad and veg. I'd just eat less often and have what you want once a week.
  • Booboomyers
    Booboomyers Posts: 11 Member
    I live in the UK and I would defo reccomend Nandos. Just stay away from the fries. Even Brewers Faye do Half a Peri Peri chicken with a jacket spud and salad. Just ask for the dressing on the side. India I would go with a veg curry and just a little rice or Tandori chicken/chicken tikka with salad on a chipati. Way better that Nann bread. Hope this helps.
  • charliemarie923
    thanks guys