How Long would You survive Without your Mobile phone???

Options
2»

Replies

• whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Forevere. I could totally survive because I have a dumb phone and I only use it for emergencies. As long as I have access to A phone to call for help- I'd be fine. I don't even text! Everyone teases me, but I say those things are the downfall of society. no offense to people who use them, my own teen texts and has an iphone- they are just not for me. I like to live in the moment and not take pics and post everything I do. I'll probably get ripped apart for my opinion!

I agree with the person who wrote this statement above, 4 EVER. But for a heads up dumb phones will be going away by 2014 and all carriers will only have smart phones. It's a $$ thing. The average smart phone cost a minimum of $100 that is $1200 a year. I can find many things to do with $1200. or even half that which most dumb phone's cost per year.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I had a smartphone for a year before I went back to a regular cell phone. I found I didn't like being so available to everyone via email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, facetime, etc. I did just get a pay-per-month used smartphone from Virgin mobile because the credit card app makes me a more viable vendor at my farmers' market. Once season is over, I'll ditch it until I restart the next year.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Depends.

We don't have a "land line house phone", so my only phone is my cell phone. So, to call the doctor or hear from my relatives, or call my husband at work, to get called by my teenage kids to know why they are running late driving home, I need my cell phone.

But I am always losing it or forgetting, so often don't have it with me outside the house. And it is not a 'smart phone'. So for 'outside the house", I could survive just fine without it.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    congratulations on becoming better than everyone and letting us know about it.

it must be awesome to be able to judge everyone on a bus...i want to do that some day.... and then tweet about it from my smartphone
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    congratulations on becoming better than everyone and letting us know about it.

it must be awesome to be able to judge everyone on a bus...i want to do that some day.... and then tweet about it from my smartphone

Erm THANKS!...Personally speaking wouldn't say I was "better" than everyone else, I would of said that I made a different personal decision regarding pointless gadgets and made my mind up to speak about my opinion of their use in closely confined public places......

Thanks for taking part in the discussion.......

And I hope your dream of tweeting on the bus comes true some day!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I have a Jitterbug cell phone. The only time I even turn it on is when I'm off the farm and need to tell my husband where I am.. I actually make calls on it about two minutes per month, if that. I use a landline phone at home, and the computer.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would be happy then I wouldn't have b/f always checking up on me or wrecking my good days with his negative moods :explode:
    But I would be sad if I couldn't ext my parents every day
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Talking and texting.... live without... I HATE talking on the phone.
    Internet... live without...

At risk of getting nerd all over your shoes....

I donated all my books and bought replacement e-books... I read on my iPhone.... Without books.... I wouldn't last long....
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    never mind.