Easter cheat day: yes or no ?

Options

Replies

• Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yup. Already had tons of food and I dont care. I Just devoured an entire Lindt bunny. Its one day. It will not change anything. Scale might be up a bit in the morning, but it will come off a day or two later.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday...12,000 calories in and I'm down a pound. I haven't eaten anything yet today except a couple hundred cals of veggies. I'm sure I'll hit 6k today too. If you want to, just do it. :drinker:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    373 cals over. Yup, I've had chocolate. It's a holiday......let's indulge a little. Tomorrow's a new day.......enjoy today!! :drinker:
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I decided to eat clean today.

So I washed all three easter eggs before I ate them.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Oh holy hell, you should see what I've eaten today.

Homemade almond scones with cherry conserve and clotted cream for breakfast/lunch

Duck roast dinner

And I'm about to start on the apple and rhubarb crumble with custard

I regret nothing!
  • txs78746
    txs78746 Posts: 24
    Options
    I was on the road to ruin so far today. Now that I have logged what I ate I will be a lot smarter with dinner. It won't be a great day (already ate so much butter and chocolate) but considering what I was going to have for dinner I can do better. MFP logging saves the day. Happy Easter!
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    No cheating here today. I am saving cheating for vacation only, which does not mean blowing it out, it just means switching to maintenance calories during that time. What do bunnies and eggs have to do with Easter anyway?

I think they are symbols of a fertility goddess, whom has been celebrated for thousands of years. Don't know how it turned to chocolate though, lol.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've had a chocolate egg today and have some more for tomorrow. I'm over a tad, but so what? Life is for living! :drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday...12,000 calories in and I'm down a pound. I haven't eaten anything yet today except a couple hundred cals of veggies. I'm sure I'll hit 6k today too. If you want to, just do it. :drinker:

How do you men manage to do that? My bf only had to cycle for a few hours over the last few days and he has dropped 4 Ibs. It takes me weeks of hard work to drop that, lol.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just fill most my plate with veggies so there not as much room for the yummy bad stuff.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    No cheating here today. I am saving cheating for vacation only, which does not mean blowing it out, it just means switching to maintenance calories during that time. What do bunnies and eggs have to do with Easter anyway?

I think they are symbols of a fertility goddess, whom has been celebrated for thousands of years. Don't know how it turned to chocolate though, lol.

Evolution. In the perfect world, everything will be made from chocolate.
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Yep I had an easter egg today...my first chocolate in 2013.....not bad going....I did goto the gym today and burnt over 500, missed off breakfast (as such) as I had a long sleep, so had brunch.....

With all that in mind I am still under my cals for today, so yes its possible to cheat but still be under in cals...as for all the other values listed...well I have not looked at them...lol.....

I have now lost 43lbs so its also a treat/reward for reaching that level and also dropping from a size 44 to 38 for trousers, 19inch collar to 17in collar....xxx to xl....so if anyone thinks I dont deserve a treat then thats just tough.....

I hope all the other cheaters enjoyed their chocolate eggs today.....yummy........
  • pterradactyl
    Options
    I was so ready to go over my cals yesterday (did Easter a day early to work with schedules). I was just going to eat whatever I wanted all day, log it that night, and then be done with it. Ended up skipping the dessert with my family so I could go get ice cream with my boyfriend later, but I made the mistake of logging first--I had hit just under my goal and couldn't bring myself to go over just for some sweets. Feeling pretty good today, though, and I still have a chocolate bunny to munch on for the next week.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    our church alway has a brunch between services, so this was a planned "treat". I had the breakfast they had, and allowed myself 3 chocolate kisses and a mini twix candy bar. It was painful logging the food I had after getting home, but so far have taken two walks (one 50 minutes and the other 30 minutes). I will take one more 30 minute walk later and that will put me at only a 100 or less calorie deficit. I can be satisfied with that. I have been good all week and plan to be good all this week, so will not feel guilty
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I don`t really count it as cheating but I did go over my cals already (about 500 over currently) but I may still go to the gym tonight depends on if hubby has any evening plans for us ( he was talking about renting a movie and if that happens I`ll be staying in with him :) if not then I`ll go to the gym and get my run in ) either way I`m happy with today still WAY better than I would have done before I changed my eatting habbits
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Just finished Easter dinner. Turns out I have over 500 calories left to consume without going over, so I guess I won't be cheating today. The sad thing is, I have enough calories for both a 300-calorie chocolate egg AND a 200-cal serving of ice cream, but I'm too full for both. I hate these problems!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yup. Did it. Didn't mean to but I'm ok with it. :smile:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Today I'm eating anything that I want to eat, and I'm logging it. The only caveat is that I walk away first and wait 5 minutes. If I still want it after that, it's mine. I'm not doing any strenuous exercise either, because it's my rest day, only some easy dancing that probably doesn't burn as many calories as MFP thinks it does.
  • pmkrier
    pmkrier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CHEAT DAY! I'm stuffed... It's Easter, enjoy!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I tried with brunch getting my favorite breakfast but it ended up being healthier than I had planned so everything has fit for the day. Still have some extra to figure out what else I want with one candy or so. Am doing some minor added exercise but not to compensate