do you have a day where you feel Ugly

Options

Replies

• RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have days where I feel great and days where I cannot look in the mirror. It happens.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Everyday! Even when I'm all done up! Unless I'm having a really good day which is rare! :frown:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I've never been considered handsome(see profile pic). But I've learned to live with it. I'll probably never register "normal" on the BMI charts. I'd have to weigh 165 lbs. and I haven't been there since I was 15. But I have family that loves me and friends (acquaintances?) that tolerate me, so i'm doing okay. I bet there's people like that in your life, too. You're on the right track, being here on MFP. Keep keepin' on, and oh, by the way, happy Easter!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yep..I feel that way a lot I am almost 80lbs down but have those days atleast once a week. I keep getting told it gets better and your brain will catch up...so heres to hoping that is true :)
  • jenz_plan
    Options
    Lately ..almost everyday! Especially after seeing my MIL losing a ton of weight on a "fad diet" in a matter of a few months while I'm over here trying to eat healthy and exercise dropping ounces at a time! lol ugh.. :S
  • bajanrosa
    bajanrosa Posts: 23
    Options
    some days I feel like a huge blob of living pudding, that's why I'm going to change my weight and feel better
  • recee27
    recee27 Posts: 34
    Options
    YEP! And today just so happens to be one of those days!! I'm hoping when I lose more weight that the "fat" feeling days will get less and less. How can I NOT feel fat when I have SO much to lose. But.....I will get there. It just takes time. And hopefully with that time I'll be able to feel better about myself as well.
  • artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh... When I eat a bunch of CRAP food... I feel extra fat!! For whatever reason I feel like my stomach sticks out further and my thighs are extra big!!! That's when I eat better and workout harder!! Of I'm not sweating I'm not satisfied!! Keep pushing!!!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    First day on my period. Always.
    I wake up and lordy lord I look 3 months pregnant and I look ogglay.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yep all the time :/
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Every. Day.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Almost all the time. Confidence has gone up some since using MFP and changing lifestyle, but overall....meh.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm having one of those days today but I'm only into the third week of my program. Something in the air today ....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not really, but I have days where I feel short sometimes...which is funny because I AM freaking short at barely 5'2": but most of the time I walk around feeling much taller. Definitely a natural confidence thing.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yep..I feel that way a lot I am almost 80lbs down but have those days atleast once a week. I keep getting told it gets better and your brain will catch up...so heres to hoping that is true :)

All I see is a beautiful girl in front of my face.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    ALL the time. But no one looks good under department store lighting anyway.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Lately ..almost everyday! Especially after seeing my MIL losing a ton of weight on a "fad diet" in a matter of a few months while I'm over here trying to eat healthy and exercise dropping ounces at a time! lol ugh.. :S

She'll gain it back eventually. Plus some. And you'll still be going downward. :flowerforyou:
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Pretty much always.

This is the reason I don't hold back what I think about people (nice things, of course). I pay people compliments about their appearance when I can. Even just small things, since I wonder if, like me, they never get these things. I just figure it'd be nice to hear, and since I never do, well, I'll do it for everyone else. Whether it's their clothes or nails or eyes or haircut or whatever.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Rarely. Most of the time I think I'm pretty awesome, but... when it does happen, I tend to switch to "logic mode" and think about how unimportant my looks are in the long run. In 80 years, we'll all be dead. There's no point in worrying about the dark circles under my eyes or maybe that I'm looking a little bloated - I have a life to live and it needs to be full of more than just "my body isn't quite as lovely as so-and-so's".

Also, I tend to rationalize on those days when my fitness goals aren't being met. So maybe I'm up a pound or two. Most of the time, that's going to be water retention. Even if it's fat, it's not a race. If I keep at it and be realistic I'll hit my goals.

So anyway, don't let those days get you down. And if your pic is recent, you don't look fat at all. You look muscular. Be proud of the hard work you've done!

Edited to add: We're always our own worst critic! (Unless you're super vain and arrogant like I am....) :P