Ways to excercise without equipment..

Options
13»

Replies

• nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do zwow's from you tube at home, or any hiit workout. They've worked better than anything else I've done and most workouts don't take more than 20 mns of my day.

This!

I LOVE Zuzka (and HIIT). All my non-running workouts are ZWOWs or old Bodyrocks with her. But her site is a bit cumbersome, and I don't have any equipment besides some weights. So I use this site http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags# to figure out which workout to do for the day. You can select different tags - like "no equipment", or "weights" - and it will only show you those that fit your criteria. My favorites are ones with intervals, but I mix it up with some that call for a specific number of reps or as many rounds as possible in a certain time. Keep track of how much you do each workout so you can see how you improve!

Good luck!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Just did the Zumba abs video for the first time and worked up a nice sweat :) That could be partly because it's super hot in this room, haha, but it was fun! Definitely something to add to your list if you're also strapped for time - it's only 15 minutes.
  • sun_ny
    sun_ny Posts: 35
    Options
    Get committed to walking everywhere, the difference it can make is surprising:)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

I second this. I walk EVERYWHERE. I'm walking 22km in a few days just to get mascara. I will walk 17km to get a light globe. I walk 12km into the city & back to get some vitamin tablets. It's crazy, but sooooooooooooooo good.
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options

I second this. I walk EVERYWHERE. I'm walking 22km in a few days just to get mascara. I will walk 17km to get a light globe. I walk 12km into the city & back to get some vitamin tablets. It's crazy, but sooooooooooooooo good.

Same here! I started walking over a year ago, then got a stationary bike. Works for me.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Same here! I started walking over a year ago, then got a stationary bike. Works for me.

Yep me too. I don't have a car, so I walk a lot. I do take the bus to work, but that's only because walking 3 miles before standing for 8 hours is a bit overkill on my body...
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Run baby run lol :)
  • Lorrifitness
    Options
    Set of Power Blocks = saving space and time! This is your best friend!
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Last year (before I found MFP) I would climb my stairs with some good tunes for about 3 minutes, rest was walking same beat around the basement to keep my legs from being noodles but still maintain movement for 1 minute then back to the stairs. Also jumping jacks are good to get your heart rate up. Another thing was I stood and/or danced while I folded laundry (I would DIE without my tunage). If you have kids sit on the couch or layzboy and if they're small enough lift the with your legs while you watch tv. You will be done waaay before they they will! I also had a friend who would do squats with two messenger bags (or purses) that had bottles of water or even books/magazines in them. She would wear them cross-ways.
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    Options
    The DVDs I like are Turbo Fire (full of high energy cardio....the fat literally melted off) and Brazilian Butt Lift. I get a lot of fun workouts from pintrest actually. There are a lot of different pins and the workouts are just as tough. I usually look for one the night before and give it a try the next morning. If I like it I'll print it and keep it. Foods....tons of veggies and fruits! I do lean protein (turkey for me mostly) and have given up the nasty junk (fast foods, some processed foods, and high sugars). So glad to see you giving it your all to get healthy!
  • x58890
    x58890 Posts: 14
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, I might recommend downloading an app called Jefit. Like MFP, it has both a website and smartphone app that sync. Once you've created your login, you can browse existing exercise routines or create your own. I was on there today and saw that a routine (7 days of workouts) was featured that used no equipment. As a plus, it functions a a workout log so you can store your reps and know what to beat next time.

Additionally, the single best piece of exercise equipment a person can own would be a set of gymnastic rings or a suspension trainer. Both pieces of equipment can work any part of the body you wish and, since both provide resistance through decreased leverage, you can easily decrease or increase your intensity based on ability.

If you don't want to buy a suspension trainer, you can make one for about $10. A quick google search should yield several "how-to" videos.

Good luck!