Problem Pooping

Options
12346»

Replies

• gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking a sufficient amount of water while working out? 8 glasses a day is fine but you should definitely drink more when you're working out. Try starting yourself on a bowel program ie. try to go at the same time everyday, drink prune juice, try to slowly increase your fiber intake, maybe try drinking some Miralax and tea always helps. Goodluck :smile:
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Two words: Magnesium Citrate.
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Two words: Magnesium Citrate.

Oh nooooo. I had to drink that for a proceedure. It does work, though. :p

Once you're over this crisis try shredded wheat every day and increase your fat intake a bit. Works for me :) and of course, water!!!
  • sn_etuk
    sn_etuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mild laxative to clear up this episode. Going forward, try adding a little more fat and eating greens lightly cooked in a little liquid. Like spinach, collard greens, kale, etc, lightly cooked in vegetable broth. You will eat much more in one sitting than you would eating it raw, the calories aren't horrible, and the extra liquid will help move things along pretty quickly.
  • gigglinangel
    gigglinangel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have you tried metamucil? I have IBS and sometimes get backed up because of it so I take it. I usually take it at night and by the next morning it works. Also when you are working out hard like you do you will need more than 8 to 10 glasses of water. When I work out way hard I usually drink around 12 to 16 glasses of water that day. That sounds like a lot but sometimes you really need that much. Hope this helps.