April Cycling Challenge

Options
Woo hoo. Spring has sprung. It is time for a new challenge. This is a very casual thread to encourage cyclists of every level. Some people are just starting out, pedaling for the first time since childhood. Others are experienced cyclists, pedaling the most amazing distances. Whoever you are, if you cycle, this thread is for you.

Some people post individual rides, other people keep a running total. You may post miles, minutes, soreness, whatever motivates you to push those pedals.

We welcome all riders, commuters, mountain bikers, spinners, indoor cyclists, anyone who pedals may join.

Replies

• boubouba
    boubouba Posts: 10
    Options
    Count me in... I'm leaving for training camp at Mallorca in six days so It might be a heavy count this month.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am in. We are training for both the American Cancer Society's PA Hope Ride (170ish miles in 2 days at the end of June) and the American Cancer Society's Pan Ohio Hope Ride (324 miles in 4 days at the end of July). I have been riding on the trainer and got 20 miles in (on a mountain bike on a bike trail) over this past weekend, but we def need to get serious with our training now. Hopefully this thread will motivate me to get a lot of miles in!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm just getting back into road cycling after having been away for some years and feeling fearful of getting back out in the traffic for a while. I have found a local group and will be riding out weekends with them to regain confidence and new friends.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing a walking/jogging/cycling challenge for April but I'll join this one and aim for 20 miles. It would have been more but I'm away for 10 days or so and can't take my bike.
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Enjoyed logging for last month.
  • Brandyacutebbw
    Brandyacutebbw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I have an exercise bike, so Ill be doing it on that, and Ill be counting minutes instead of miles, its just easier that way for me. Good Luck everyone
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in! No goal except to bike whenever I can and see what that totals.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will be traveling the last couple of weeks of the month, but will log what I can. April goal will be 250 miles.
  • workitnik
    Options
    YES! Some motivation! New to indoor spin classes and put myself on a new regimen of 2-3 classes a week. SO, I'm figuring avg 30 mi per week = 120 mile goal. We shall see...
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    In again.

same goal as march 13 miles av a day...

390 miles

But all off road.
  • gunnboat
    gunnboat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will try, an freezing east wind has settled over UK . Its ten weeks to a wedding so I have a target
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. I'm setting my goal for 450 this time. 'Theoretically' the weather should be getting better soon so I hope to be able to get more miles :-)
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hoping for 100 but we'll see if I actually get there. Got a good start this morning with an early, early ride---gotta love third trimester insomnia!

April goal: 100 miles
    April miles to date: 6.5 miles (6.5% of goal)

April 1---6.5 stationary (33 min)
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Started today and managed 6.8 km, which equates to just over 4 miles. I've only signed up to do 20 miles so I'm well on the way :smile:
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for organising this again and hope you get better weather soon!

April goal: 1,319km

MTD: 0 km :embarassed:
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just had an awesome early season ride on 3/30. That's almost April. Rode with a group of buddies doing 53 miles with 4,000' of climbing averaging 16.2 mph. And it was 58F with a strong sun. Way to start off the spring. :-)
  • aecole87
    aecole87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in! Want to get 200 miles in on my bike this month!
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am in. I use an exercise bike (hopefully one day will be able to get an outdoor bike,and remember how to ride it,lol)

Just ordered padded bike shorts today on Amazon since my seat is so painful for long sessions. So hopefully they will help and I can increase my workouts.

Right now I just want to do at least 4days a week for at least 60minutes. I watch tv and sometimes go online while I ride, so calculating by mileage is out.

Looking forward to some motivation to ride from all of you =)