Expectations

Options

Replies

• TZUVELLA
    TZUVELLA Posts: 27
    Options
    This is great, informative and useful.. I thank you. Keep the bumps coming too.. much appreciated:drinker:
  • 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in stage four. Gave up on the site for about a week, gained a few pounds(5:blushing: ) but now I am back at it. Glad to see that it is just part of the "battle"!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    B is for the bad crap I used to put in my body.
    U is for the ugly state my belly was in.
    M is for the mad workouts I do during the week.
    P is for the playing I will do this summer (baseball).
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks BANKS! That was great - I think I'm stuck in #2 at week 4, and I was getting really ticked off - but reading your post helped! Can't wait to hit phase 3.
    :smile:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    :smile: bump - everyone should read this, it's really useful!
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    Thanks Banks!
    I think I am mixed between 3 and 4. Still losing but finding myself bored and unfocused. (However, that new killer routine you posted is certainly re-inspiring! And tons of fun!) :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Wow, banks, you should start a magazine.

You have been on a roll lately with great articles! Did you write this one? Very insightful.

....and, going UP - bump
  • banks1850
    Options
    I did my lady! :tongue:

Didn't we talk about that already? :wink:

god if I only had more time, baseball's starting soon, as is my wife's "summer schedule"
    which is always very hectic with BBQ's, nights out, pool parties, beach days down on Cape Cod...etc.
    I shudder at the lack of free time we get in the summer, don't get me wrong, it's fun, but by the time September rolls around, I'm exhausted!
  • banks1850
    Options
    buuummmmpppp
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    Wow. I hit "Phase 2" and I quit awhile ago.
    I want to get back on track to hit phase 3, but I don't know if I have the motivation and time.
    My schedule is driving me nuts.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Wow. I hit "Phase 2" and I quit awhile ago.
    I want to get back on track to hit phase 3, but I don't know if I have the motivation and time.
    My schedule is driving me nuts.

Only you can answer that question Tiffany! But I hope you do. Remember, this is your life, the motivation I can't give, but the time, well, I'll bet if you find the motivation, you'll be able to squeek out 20 to 30 minutes 3 times a week to exercise. And for food? All you need to do is make the right choices.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am a proud Stage 5'er!! :happy:
    Would like to lose another 4 or 5 but am basically happy where I am now. Have just started with a personal trainer - have lost all my weight so far with cardio only ( hate doing weights), but know I need to gain some muscle.

Mindset totally has changed! "Cheating" now is what would have been considered a snack 6 months ago. Today, bought a new bike and can't believe how excited I am! My old mountain bike is 15 years old and definitely old school. Was going to get a road bike (racing), but decided the skinny tires were too delicate - not to mention the decent ones start at over $1,500. Found a hybrid that is a road bike but with fatter tires, great frame and excellent gear sysytem. Cant wait to ride it -but have training session tomorrow morning and have to wait until after so not too tired.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    bump :wink:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Banks, this is so true. Thank you!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Banks, this is so true. Thank you!

welcome. :happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this great post, Banks! I think I'm pretty solidly in phase 3 at the moment, but am dreading phase 4! I feel good now because I've lost 27 pounds, and people are starting to make comments... but I still have about 40 pounds to go, and I'm afraid that it will be hard to stay positive when I hit my next plateau. I just have to keep gunning for phase 6 - the rest of my life, as a healthy, fit person! :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!! (can we print these things:wink: )
    I think i am somewhere in the phase 3
    you know whats great?! i think i only saw about a week scale wise of phase2 because i didn't get on the scales for 2 weeks (even as i say that i can't wait to get on it tomorrow for my weekly weigh in :huh: kinda crazy