My Ultimate Diet

Options

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My ultimate diet would be ice cream, cheesecake, cookies, and lobster! :drinker: lol

Ohh yeahhhhhhhhhh :)
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Why raw food?
    I'd like to get 20/20 vision again. I've heard it's possible on a high raw diet.

How's that?
    I'd like to find out. High amounts of beta-carotene, other anti-oxidants and no animal products? Maybe it's not true but I'm willing to try it.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have 20/20 vision when I wear my glasses. :-P

I avoid certain foods for medical reasons, myself, but apart from those things I enjoy whatever I'd like to eat as long as it's more or less within my macros. Wouldn't it be easier on yourself to try to sum up your dietary guidelines in a more general way than to try to regulate every little detail? Is it realistic to adhere 100% to something so regulated?
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It looks perfect to me!

And for those who are questioning your choices - some of us have medical issues - be it allergies, intolerances, etc., that prevent us from eating certain things. I can't eat dairy, I need to avoid all nightshades, nuts, and seeds. And, I shouldn't eat too much protein.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Add lentils
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I have 20/20 vision when I wear my glasses. :-P

I avoid certain foods for medical reasons, myself, but apart from those things I enjoy whatever I'd like to eat as long as it's more or less within my macros. Wouldn't it be easier on yourself to try to sum up your dietary guidelines in a more general way than to try to regulate every little detail? Is it realistic to adhere 100% to something so regulated?
    I hate glasses and contacts but I wear them anyway.

I don't have a problem with it. I know a lot of people would. It's all about the choices in the grocery store or online. If I eat out I try to eat as good as I can. I'm perfectly happy eating pistachios, drinking homemade chocolate almond milk, or a can of sardines etc. Those are like desserts to me.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    It looks perfect to me!

And for those who are questioning your choices - some of us have medical issues - be it allergies, intolerances, etc., that prevent us from eating certain things. I can't eat dairy, I need to avoid all nightshades, nuts, and seeds. And, I shouldn't eat too much protein.

Thanks. Avoiding all nuts and seeds must be a pain! Those are some of my favorite foods.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Add lentils
    Or what? you'll smack me?
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Why raw food?
    I'd like to get 20/20 vision again. I've heard it's possible on a high raw diet.

How's that?
    I'd like to find out. High amounts of beta-carotene, other anti-oxidants and no animal products? Maybe it's not true but I'm willing to try it.
    FYI, as a half-blind medical researcher I've looked into this ... there is research to indicate healthy intake of beta-carotene can help prevent deterioration in vision, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it can ever reverse it.

Sucks, but true.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You also missed bacon :noway:

cookie+sandwich.gif

and cookies and ice cream for the matter :glasses:
    Based on his list it looks like he's trying to avoid processed foods - which bacon is. (Commercial bacon quite literally goes from live pig to package in about 2 hours... ick.)

Naturally cured bacon from your butcher is much less-scary, imho, though no real scientific evidence concludes such.

I'm not a fan of cookies (too much refined carbohydrate for this diabetic) but I LOVE ice cream - full fat with lower sugar and topped with real whipped cream and maybe some shaved 85% or higher dark chocolate, thank you very much.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Not understanding all your health goals, these certainly looks like good choices.

The only thing I might suggest is potentially to add spices and herbs. I know they probably aren't categorized as food, but we are very salt-conscious and have found lots of amazing benefits (not to mention great taste) from adding in some spices.

Our favorites, both dry and fresh:
    Cayenne
    Garlic
    Curry (red and yellow)
    Tumeric
    Cumin
    Cinnamon
    Parsley
    Basil
    Rosemary

Do you have any concerns with getting enough calcium? Certainly some of the foods you mentioned contain some, but I was curious about that. I'm not sure about your stance on cheese, but we also add in Parmesan. This adds a little of that missing salt when we need a flavor punch and we can make it into crackers in about 5 minutes by either baking in the oven or microwaving.

Good luck to you.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I know people are hatin', but that looks like my kind of list!
  • PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    I am on a pototae cleanse.
  • prioritizinghealth
    prioritizinghealth Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    what about shrimp/prawns <3
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Vegetables:
    Artichoke, Asparagus, Beets, Bell peppers, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Kimchi, Onions, Radishes, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Squash, and Turnips

Leafy green vegetables:
    Arugula, Beet, Bok choy, Chard, Cilantro, Collard, Dandelion, Kale, Lettuces, Mustard, Parsley, Spinach, Turnip, Watercress

Sea vegetables:
    Nori, Kombu (Kelp), Wakame, Dulse

Fruits:
    Apple, Apricot, Banana, Cherries, Dates, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Mango, Nectarine, Orange, Papaya,Peaches,Persimmons, Pineapple, Plum, Pummelos, and Tangerines

Berries: high in anti-oxidants
    Blackberries, Blueberries, Cranberries, Raspberries, and Strawberries

Fatty Fruits:
    Olives and Avocados. These are two of the best sources of fats.

Seed grains:
    Amaranth, Buckwheat and Quinoa. I'm picky about my grains and these three are actually seeds. I
    like the ones that are higher in protein (13-15%).

Legumes:
    Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)

Nuts:
    Almonds, Brazil nuts, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Jungle Peanuts, Macadamia nuts, Pecans, Pistachios, and Walnuts

Seeds:
    Chia, Flax, Hemp, Pumpkin, Sesame, and Sunflower

Meat:
    Bison, Chicken(organic), Duck, Elk, Goose, Lamb, Turkey(organic), Venison
    Organic Beef and hormone free pork 1x a week

Fish:
    Salmon, Sardines, Trout, Tuna

Oils:
    Coconut, Flax, Hemp, Olive

Condiments and Miscellanous:
    Apple Cider Vinegar, Cacao powder, Carob powder, Chickpea Miso, Coconut Liquid Aminos, Kimchi, Maca powder, Sea Salt, Stone-ground Mustard and Tamari

Herbs and Spices
    Basil, Black Pepper, Cayenne, Chili, Cinnamon, Cumin, Curry, Garlic, Rosemary, Tumeric
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Why raw food?

Replace all of your foods with carrots.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Why raw food?
    How's that?
    FYI, as a half-blind medical researcher I've looked into this ... there is research to indicate healthy intake of beta-carotene can help prevent deterioration in vision, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it can ever reverse it.
    Sucks, but true.

QFT.

OP: do you have any links to the research you have seen please? I'd be interested to see them.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Not being snarky, your best best is stem-cells.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Amazing list. :-D

If food is medicine, you're completely set.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Not understanding all your health goals, these certainly looks like good choices.

The only thing I might suggest is potentially to add spices and herbs. I know they probably aren't categorized as food, but we are very salt-conscious and have found lots of amazing benefits (not to mention great taste) from adding in some spices.

Our favorites, both dry and fresh:
    Cayenne
    Garlic
    Curry (red and yellow)
    Tumeric
    Cumin
    Cinnamon
    Parsley
    Basil
    Rosemary

Do you have any concerns with getting enough calcium? Certainly some of the foods you mentioned contain some, but I was curious about that. I'm not sure about your stance on cheese, but we also add in Parmesan. This adds a little of that missing salt when we need a flavor punch and we can make it into crackers in about 5 minutes by either baking in the oven or microwaving.

Good luck to you.

I've been looking into calcium. I drink almond milk from the store but all they do is add a calcium supplement, calcium carbonate to it. I'm working on making my own out of unhulled sesame seeds, flax and almonds. All three have a fair amount of calcium. Also the leafy greens have it too.